20 - Charles Leclerc ✔

No more tears, okay?

For: Jhawker123

-

"And Billy?" You stopped your younger brother from getting to the car. He turned back to you with a slight frown on his face, "be careful." His frown disappeared and a smile plastered on his face. You rarely see him sad, he is always full of positive energy. He is like a personification of sun.

"I'm always careful," he hugged you before running to his white-greenish car. It's a grey chilly day in Donington Park, and the start of another British F4 race is just behind the corner. You and your parents always come to races to support the youngest member of the family. Although Billy assured you everything is gonna be fine, you still had that weird feeling in your stomach, nervousness spreading all over your body. You like cars, but you fear every time your little brother jumps in that beast. He means everything to you, and losing him would destroy you. 

The whole race was extremely chaotic. Cars were spinning and running wide all the time. It was awful to watch, making you even more worried about your brother. Billy was trying to avoid them, but suddenly a stationary car appeared in front of him. He couldn't react and crashed into the back of the formula. The race was immediately red-flagged while the medics rushed to Billy because he stayed in the cockpit. And then there was silence. Nobody knew what is happening, everybody feared the worst. Because you know it's bad when a racetrack goes quiet. After a few painful minutes without knowing what is going on, one of the medics ran to us. He didn't tell you Billy's condition, he came for one of you to go with them.

"I'll go," you volunteered without hesitation. Your mom was breaking down in tears while your dad was trying to somehow comfort her. There was nobody else who could go calm Billy down. You followed the medic to the track with your heart wildly hammering in your chest. What should I say? Will I be able to keep my shit together and don't panic?  Many questions were running through your mind as you were coming closer to two destroyed cars. Billy was still in his car, but he was conscious. He was surely confused, but when he noticed you,  he smiled a little bit, happy that he finally sees a familiar face.

"You are alright Billy," you knelt and took his hand, "don't worry, you are alright. Everything is going to be fine." Your words calmed not just him but also you. Everybody was surely panicking,  but Billy was focused on your steely calm face.

-

News that your brother lost his both legs hit you all hard. You were relieved that he is alive, but on the other hand, shocked that the crash was that bad. Your father was blaming himself, and mother was trying not to break down in tears again. You were sitting next to Billy's bed, watching him sleep his surgery, having no idea how drastically his life will change. After some time, you decided to go grab something to eat because you were starving.

"Dammit," you muttered when the Snickers you chose and paid for got stuck in the machine. You pushed the machine but Snickers is still smiling at you behind the glass, not budging an inch. You are hungry, tired and devastated without the snack you paid for. What a perfect combo.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Voice with a disticntive french accent made you look away from your stuck snack. Charles Leclerc, your favourite driver and also a celebrity crush, is standing in front of you. You blinked a few timed,  but this is not a hallucination, he is there. How did he got here, why is he here?

"I...uhm...my Snickers is stuck there...but it's okay,  I can do it, " you were saying random words, not being able to properly speak because of the shock.