23 - Daniel Ricciardo ✔

You are my guardian angel

For: dginad

"Do you need something, darling?" your mum asked when you were just standing next to her, your hands behind the back. It was a beautiful afternoon in Perth, and you really want to go surfing. But you weren't sure if she would allow this, because you can't surf very well. You always go with your dad, but he travelled to China because of his business.

"I..was wondering if I could go surfing? It's a perfect weather," you started, "and I haven't in a while." Your mother sighed and turned to you with a stern face.

"Y/N...I know that you are an adult, but I'm worried about you. Surfing is dangerous, something bad can happen to you. And who will help you, who will keep an eye on you? I don't think it's a good idea. You should wait until dad returns."

"But mum, I can surf. It's not perfect but I know what to do. You saw me surfing and nothing happened. I will be careful, I promise. Mom, please," you persuaded her with a puppy eyes and after a while, she gave up.

"Alright honey, but don't do anything stupid," she kissed your cheek before you happily ran into your room to put on your surfing clothes.

-
You were running to the beach, now fully dressed with your surfboard under your arm. You can't wait to finally feel the smell of the sea and feel the soft sand underneath your feet. You were so excited that weren't paying attention and tripped. Luckily, someone caught you, so you didn't get hurt.

"Thanks," you whispered, and your cheeks turned red, you felt pretty embarrased.

"No problem," your saver said, and your eyes finally met with his. You smiled lightly and picked up your board, "Finally a new grom here. How long are ya doing this?" he asked when he noticed your board.

"Almost a year," you answered, feeling a little bit more comfortable around him.

"Really?" his eyes widened, "I know everybody here, but I see you for a first time. But whatever, I love meeting new people. Daniel Ricciardo, nice to meet you, hottie." 

"Y/N L/N," you introduced yourself, doing your best to not stammer.

"So, let's go..I wanna see, what you can." he winked at you, which made you swallow.

"Wow, you are really good," Daniel said, when you were reaching another wave, "the start wasn't the best, but now you are dominating," you laughed at his words, he is a really funny guy.

-

"Watch out!" he yelled, but it was too late. Before you realised what is going on, someone threw you off the board and you fell to the water. Then your head hit a rock, and you started to lose consciousness. You felt someone holding you in their arms, and that was the last thing youu sensed before fainting.

"She'll right." you heard a muffled voice from a distance and slowly opened your eyes. You were in a room you have never seen before. You stood up and feel your head hurting like hell. You also found a mirror in that room, and you were horrified by your devasted look. You were trying to remember what happened to you but nothing came to your mind.

"Is that me?" you muttered. You still a conversation coming from downstairs, so you decided to go there.

"Y/N! Oh my goddness, I was so worried! Are you good?" your mum ran towards you as soon as she noticed you, pulling you into a hug.

"Yeah...I'm just...a bit confused," you said.

"Some asshole didn't watchi his way and threw you off. Then you hit a rock with your head. I managed to find your mother's number and call her to pick you up. But looking at it back, I'm not sure if it was a great idea. She is a little bit hysteric," Daniel was trying to explain the incident, making your mum abruptly turn around.

"Excuse me? My daughter almost diedy, and I'm hysteric? She yelled at young Aussie, and you tried your best to not burst out laughing.

"Lady, please calm down, there is no need for shouting..." Your mother was about to say something, but you interrupted her.

"Mum, stop, please. Daniel saved my life, you should be thankful to him. Now let's go home. Thanks for everything, Dan. I'm really grateful, you are my guardian angel from now." you hugged him and meanwhile, your mom had already left his house. You were in a hug for a while, until you heard your mother calling your name from outside. You both laughed, and Daniel gave you a small note with his number.

"Call me soon, hottie."