13 - Carlos Sainz Jr. (Part 2) ✔

"What kind of boyfriend should I be?" Carlos asked when you two were on your way to the church. You could sense that he is nervous about the whole situation, and you felt a little sorry for dragging him into it.

"Just be yourself, honey," you smirked and put your hand on his, which made him winched. You glanced at him with a slight frown, but he didn't say a word, staring from the window. 

-

"Y/N! It's so nice to see you!" E/S/N cheerily shouted and hugged you. You cringed at her fakeness but smiled at her too, "I thought you won't come."

"Well, here I am," you shrugged, the fake smile not leaving your face.

"And who is this?" she curiously asked and pointed at Carlos standing next to you.

"That's Carlos, my boyfriend," you proudly said and interlocked your fingers with his. E/S/N just gaped at you two in shock. 

"That's...great, I guess. I mean...I didn't expect you to overcome the break up so quickly," she noted, and you raised your eyebrows, "because you looked pretty destroyed after you found out that BF/N doesn't love you. To be honest, I knew that from the beggining," she pouted her lips. You clenched your fist, trying to keep calm, "I mean, it's great that you have someone. If it's a real relationship," she joked, but you didn't find the joke funny at all.

"And what else should be?" you snapped at her, "and what did you even expect? That I will be upset forever? That I will show up on your wedding all broken and alone? And why do you ever care? We never were friends, and I don't think we will be in the future. I don't even understand why you invited me in the first place," you said resentfully and felt that Carlos let go of your hand, "To make me feel worthless, I guess. You were always great in those things," E/S/N opened her mouth, but nothing came from it.

"Pardon me, but I think that another guests arrived. Have fun," she simply said and stormed away. She was pissed off, and you took it as a small victory.

"You didn't have to do this," Carlos muttered, and you glared at him.

"She started it," you crossed your arms on your chest, "I was just defending myself."

"But you continued," he mimicked you, a frown visible on his face.

"Ha, so you are on her side now?" you sarcastically laughed, "so, I should let her laugh into my face and humiliate me?"

"No, but there was no need to act the same way as her. You could have handled it much better," you were staring at your date in disbelief, is he for real?

"Excuse me?" you raised your voice, catching the attention of the others, "are you fucking serious?"

"Y/N.." Carlos whispered, but you interrupted him.

"Shut up, Carlos. I don't wanna hear anything from you!" you shouted and then walked away. There you sat on the bench under the tree and put your head into your hands.

"Problems in paradise?" you heard a very familiar voice, which made you flinch. You didn't even have to look up to know who is talking to you.

"Maybe," you mumbled, rubbing your face with your hands.

"He looks like a nice guy. And the way he is looking at you.."

"What do you want?" you lifted your head to look at your ex-boyfriend, "to laugh at me? No, thanks, your sister already did that."

"I'm sorry for her, she is sometimes unbelievable. I just want to talk," he shrugged. You shrugged too, and he sat next to you on the bench. You didn't even know why but you started talking to him and eventually, you told him everything. Even the fact that you and Carlos are actually just friends. You couldn't believe that you are confessing everything to the person who broke your heart. But now, he was the only one she could talk to. And who would actually listen. You also talked about the reason why your relationship ended and to clear the air. In the end, you were chatting like old friends, laughing at silly jokes. You were so deep in the conversation that you didn't even notice approaching Carlos.  When he found you with that prick, he felt the blood boiling inside him. And he even dared to touch her!

"Take your dirty paws out of her!" you both jerked when you heard the strong Spanish accent.

"Whoa easy there dude! I was just friendly talking with Y/N!" he put his hands up in a defensive gesture. But it wasn't enough for Carlos. He came closer and grabbed BF/N by his collar, making him stand up.

"Who do you think you are? Do you really think you can come to Y/N and act like nothing never happened?" Carlos yelled and dragged BF/N on the ground. 

"Carlos! BF/N! Stop it now!" he was about to punch him in the face when you screamed and stop the fight between the two men, "I'm so sorry for this, BF/N. And Carlos, we are leaving. Now!" you grabbed his arm to make Carlos stand up. The Spaniard glared at your ex-boyfriend before storming out, "why did you do?" you called after him when you were on your way to the car. You made enough scenes, so the best idea is to go home, "what was the reason? We were just talking!"

"I saw him touching you and...I got angry," he whined.

"There was no reason for.."

"Yes, there was! He was touching the girl I'm in love with. I couldn't just stand there and do nothing!" he said and then jerked when he realised what he has just said.

"What did you say?" you stopped with your eyes wide. Carlos swallowed hard and came closer.

"I...Okay, I confess. I'm in love with you, Y/N. And that is the reason why I was nervous all the time," he admitted, "I was afraid that my feeling will come out," you stared at him for a few seconds, processing his confession. Then you smiled widely, and before Carlos could say anything, you connected your lips in a slow sweet kiss.