51.3:"Desperation of the hearts".

"We are not living, we are surviving" - Faiqa

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!

⚠️

____________

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused looking at his aunt

"She was the one who your father met before he died". His aunt shouted

He frowns looking at her, waiting for her to say something. She just stood there maybe shocked?

"That is not true". He said shaking his head rejecting the stupid assumption

"How can you say that? You know they hate us. She killed him". His aunt said raged

"She didn't. She didn't kill him. I don't want to do this now and I will appreciate it if you let us be for some days". He said taking his sister hands as he starts to walk away

He stops turning to look at her as she didn't move, "Are you going to stay there?"

She blinks her eyes running to follow them outside of this place filled with everyone sorrows. She stands in front of his car shocked by his words earlier. He didn't accuse her. How? Why?

"Is it possible for you to follow us back to our place?" He asked standing in front of her after he had his sister sit in the car, "Can you look after Maya a little more? She looks better in your presence".

She nodded, "I will follow behind".

He nodded. She moves to her car still shocked that the man she saw at 11:30 AM was no more. He was gone, buried in the afternoon (3 PM) and just that he was no more. It all did make sense.

She followed them to their house as Maya continued to cry and he continued to look in spaces. What was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to say?

"Come on". She said to Maya as she takes her hand taking her to the kitchen, "Sit here".

She points to the stool as she looks through the fridge to find some ingredients to make sandwiches for them and hot chocolate for Maya. She works for 15 minutes before she was done with the food.

She carries the plate outside placing them on the table and Maya follows her.

"You need something inside your stomach to mourn". She said softly as she looks at Maya who starts to cry again

She passes the sandwich to Maya who spoke after a long time, "Will I be a bad person to eat when my father is gone just hours ago?"

She felt her throat dry as she wonders why people will ever think that?

"Will your father like that you starve yourself?"

"He is not here to tell me that". Maya cried

"He already did". She said holding Maya hand encouraging her to eat, "You need a little food to function at least. If you let your body suffer with your mind, it will be hard".

Maya nodded as she slowly starts to eat and she feels something within her as she watches her eat. Something soft and warm. Once, Maya was able to navigate herself, she turns to look at him.

His eyes meet her and he had been watching her all this time. He shouldn't. But he was, he doesn't know why.

She pointed towards his plate without words. Doesn't she have some words for him? Anything?

"I did meet your father this morning". She dropped the bomb and Maya stops eating, "I don't know how he managed to get a meeting scheduled with my secretary. I didn't know until he entered the room. He spoke for some time and left. I have no idea what happened to him and why".