Ch. 1 - New York

"MOM, for the hundredth time, I'm perfectly fine," I reassured my mother on the phone as I grabbed my suitcases

"Okay, okay. I just miss you is all. We all do," Mom explained, taking in a deep breath to calm herself down.

"I miss you, guys, too," I replied with a sad smile.

"I'll let you go and get settled in. I know you must be excited."

"Okay. I'll text you when I get to Uncle Nathan's house. I love you," I said to my mother.

"I love you, too," Mom replied before the phone call ended.

I slid my pocket back in my pocket, and I walked out of the airport lobby to the crisp New York air.

Cars were honking, and people chatted among themselves. I looked around in the crowd of people to see if my uncle was here.

He wasn't, but there was a black Jeep Wrangler with a man standing beside it dressed in a suit.

"Micheal Cade, I presume?" The man asked, taking a step forward towards me.

I nodded,"Yes."

"I'm Evan, your personal driver. Mr. Walker is expecting you. Get in, and I will take you to the penthouse," he informed me as he opened the door.

I nodded,"Thanks."

He grabbed my suitcases as I climbed into the limousine. I shut the door behind me, and I buckled myself up.

Evan opened the driver's door, and he got into the car. He turned onto the road, and we drove towards my uncle's place.

I haven't been to his place in a couple years. I looked out the window at all the buildings and people.

When Evan pulled into a parking spot beside the sidewalk, he looked back at me.

"Top floor. He should be there," Evan informed me.

I nodded,"Thank you, Evan."

"Anytime."

I stepped out of the car onto the sidewalk, and I grabbed my luggage from the trunk. Then I walked in the double doors. There was people in the lobby talking among themselves.

I walked over to the elevator, pressing the button to go up. When the doors opened, an older lady stepped with a white chihuahua in her hands.

It started growling at me, and I quickly stepped into the elevator before it attacked me. Sighing in relief, I pressed the highest floor number.

As soon as the doors were shutting, I heard a guy yell,"Stop the elevator!"

I quickly stopped the elevator, and a guy around my age came running into the elevator. His black hair stood up all over the place, and his bright blue eyes looked me up and down curiously.