Ch. 9 - Surprise

"AND THAT IS THE END of the lesson today," the teacher announced to the class

I shut my book, and my phone buzzed in my hand. I looked to see that Jordan had texted me.

Jordan 💞

I didn't realize how cold it is in New York. My butt is about to freeze off.

I furrowed my eyebrows together as I walked out of the classroom. It was the end of the day so people were leaving to go home.

I went to my locker, and I exchanged my books. Then I walked outside where Matthew, the twins, and Andrea usually meet me.

They were standing there like usual, and my phone dinged again.

Jordan 💞

You look like a guy off of Gossip Girl with that uniform. And you lied, there are two attractive guys standing right beside you.

"Holy shit," I said, shocked. "She's here."

Matthew furrowed his eyebrows,"Who?"

I looked around, looking for her short self. Then I saw her.

She was standing beside the light pole across the street, smiling. She was dressed in leggings, a white sweater, and a big black puffy jacket to keep her warm.

It just turned November after all.

Once she noticed I saw her, she quickly ran over to us. I know my friends were confused on what's going on, but all I was focused on was my best friend running towards me.

"Finally!" Jordan squealed before throwing herself at me.

Her arms wrapped around my stomach, and I hugged her back. I can't believe she is here right now in front of me.

I thought she wasn't suppose to come to New York until the fifteen. She was suppose to come for four days. Then I was suppose to fly back home for Thanksgiving break.

"Oh my gosh! You're here!" I exclaimed, letting her go. "How are you here?"

Jordan grinned,"I may have asked my Dad for a plane ticket for my birthday present. I wanted to surprise you, dork."

"Well, you surprised me," I replied with a huge grin.

"Sorry to interrupt, but who is this, Micheal?" Lucy asked me, kindly, as she took in Jordan's appearance.

"This is Jordan. My best friend from Midville," I introduced Jordan to the group. "Jordan, this is Lucy, Andrea, Matthew, and Damien."

Relief washed over Damien's face, but I can't figure out why.

Jordan waved,"Hi. It's so nice to meet all of you."

"Hi. It's so great to meet one of Micheal's best friends," Lucy said with a happy smile.