Ch. 24 - Meeting the Chases

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT?" Damien asked me as we walked out of the locker room

We just finished practicing for the game Friday, and my whole body is sore. I'm probably going to have bruises all over my body from being hit repeatedly.

"Nothing, really," I replied, glancing up at him.

"Well, my parents are going to be gone til late tonight, and Lucy is hanging out with Andrea, meaning the apartment will be empty. We can watch a few movies and order some food."

I nodded,"Sure. Why not? Let me text my uncle so he knows where I'm at."

Damien smiled, and I wanted to close the space between. I wanted to kiss his lips and hold his hand, but I can't do anything of that while we are in public.

I'm trying not to be disappointed because I know Damien isn't ready, but I'm only human; a human with several emotions.

"So burgers or Chinese?" Damien asked, breaking the silence between us.

"I could get behind burgers."

"Burgers it is then," Damien replied as we walked to my driver.

We both climbed into the car before I said,"To the Chases' home, please."

The driver nodded, and Damien gave him the address. Then we were off towards his penthouse. Butterflies erupted in my belly, and I feel nervous.

It's not like I'm meeting his parents so I shouldn't be nervous. We are just going to hang out.

I grabbed ahold of Damien's hand, and I looked out the window to the passing buildings.

I know everybody says New York looks beautiful in the night, but, to me, it looks so pretty when the sun sets. It's like a painting every single day.

"What's on your mind?" Damien asked a few minutes later. My eyes tore from the sky, and I turned to look at him.

"Just thinking about how pretty the sky is during the sunset."

Before he could reply, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket to see Mom calling me. I answered the phone before putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, sweetie. I have news about the trial," Mom said as I heard Amber giggling in the background.

Her giggling put a smile on my face.

"What's the news?"

"The trial will be held in May, and I just notified Brody's father the information," she answered before Amber started crying in the background.

"Okay; I'll let them know," I replied before adding,"Love you, Mom."

"Love you, too, sweetie. Oh Amber it's alright, baby.." she said before the phone call ended.