Ch. 30 - Goodbyes

"DAMIEN!" A familiar voice yelled from the hallway

I quickly got off the bed, looking for somewhere to hide. I saw Damien's closet slightly opened, so I ran into it. I shut the door, quietly, just as soon as Damien's bedroom door opened.

I could see the room through the cracks, and I saw their father glaring at the twins.

"What are you two doing?" He asked the twins, taking a step closer to them.

"Nothing," Damien said, clearly annoyed with him.

Mr. Chase rolled his eyes,"Why do you two have to lie?"

Confusion hit me and the twins. They both looked at each other before looking back at their father.

"Steve in the lobby said that he saw a teenage boy heading up here. Black hair, blue eyes, does that ring a bell?"

Shit.

Damien's face held fear, and his father took another step towards him. Damien looked like a scared child right now, and I just wanted to go out there and hug him.

It took everything in me not to bust into into the bedroom and knock the shit out of Mr. Chase.

"So where is he?" Mr. Chase asked, looking around the room.

"He isn't here, anymore. He left right before you got here," Damien lied, glancing away from his father.

"Is that so?" He taunted,"Well, I hope you broke it off with him today."

"Why?" Damien asked as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Because Elle King is downstairs, and we are having dinner with her," he answered, fixing his sleeves of his tux. "Brody is also coming to dinner."

I clenched my fists at my sides, wanting to go out and punch the living daylights out of him.

What kind of sick human does this shit?

"No way in hell," Damien replied, moving himself in front of Lucy.

His father smiled, and it made my stomach turn. "Well, it's a good thing I know where Micheal lives. I heard he doesn't leave until this weekend for his winter break. Maybe I'll go pay him a visit ."

Damien looked shocked, and Lucy asked,"You are going to use Micheal as leverage against us?"

Mr. Chase simply shrugged,"If I need to, then yes, I will. As long as you do as I ask, he won't come to any harm."

"I swear, if you put one hand on Micheal, I will break every bone in your body," Damien hissed, anger in his words.

"I really don't give a shit about your threats. They're useless, honestly. Now, put a shirt on. We have company," his father instructed from leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.