Ch. 5 - Miguel

"OKAY, but which actor played Spider-Man the best?" Matthew asked me as we grabbed our lunch trays

"That's a hard one. I like them all," I replied, paying for my burger and French fries.

"I think Andrew Garfield played the role the best," Matthew said before walking over to our table.

We both sat down, and I glanced around looking for Lucy. I asked her if she wanted to sit with us for lunch, and she told me she would.

"So do you think Lucy will come or no?"

I looked back at Matthew to see him eating his sub sandwich.

"I hope she does." 

Matthew smiled before saying,"Somebody gots a crush."

I shook my head as I picked up my burger. Before I took a bite I said,"I don't have a crush on her. She seems like a nice person and I want to be friends with her."

Matthew nodded, but he didn't buy it. After five minutes of waiting for Lucy, she finally arrived in the lunch room.

But she had her brother right beside her.

People stared and whispered as the twins passed the tables. They ignored them, and Lucy smiled when she saw me.

"Sorry, I'm late. My locker was jammed," Lucy informed me as she sat down beside Matthew which was in front of me.

"It's no problem," I replied, returning her smile.

Damien sat down beside her which was beside me, staring at his phone, not bothered.  I felt my heart flutter, and I mentally groaned.

Tearing my gaze from him, I glanced around the lunch room to see people staring at us like we were crazy.

Brody Arson and Olivia Addison glared at the twins with scowls on their faces.

I looked back at Lucy to see her opening a container filled with pasta.

"Matthew, this Lucy. Lucy, this is Matthew," I introduced the two.

Lucy grinned, and Matthew waved as he finished his sub.

"So, Micheal, where did you move from?" Lucy asked me before taking a bite out of her pasta.

"A small town in West Virginia."

"I bet this is a big change," Lucy replied, making me nod in agreement.

"It is, but I like the city."

We continued to eat and ask each other questions. Matthew even joined in on the conversation, but Damien, on the other hand, stayed silent the whole time.

"Well, well, isn't it the Chase twins?" A high pitched female voiced asked behind me.

I looked back to see Olivia and Brody standing behind me.