Ch. 6 - Try Outs

FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK, things went smoothly

FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK, things went smoothly. Lucy and Damien sat with me and Matthew at lunch everyday. Damien would comment on a few things, but the rest of the time he would stay on his phone.

I learned a lot about Lucy. She loves to read, she watches criminal and medical shows, her favorite color is a dusty pink, she wants to be in criminology when she gets older, etc.

I haven't learned much about Damien other than the fact he hated any gummy candy and he hates cats.

And now it's Friday, and today is try outs for the hockey team.

Matthew doesn't have to try out since he has been on the team since freshman year. I heard from Matthew that Damien was on the hockey team, and he was extremely good at it.

Like as in freaking amazing at it. Damien was the co captain of the team even though he was a sophomore.

I don't know why Coach is making him try out again.

"Micheal, I'm going to be late tonight. I have a dinner meeting and they can last for hours," my uncle informed me as I ate my cereal.

"That's fine. I have try outs after school, and I am eating dinner with friends."

"Friends? That's awesome," my uncle replied with a proud smile. "I'll see you later."

And with that he gathered his briefcase and his phone before walking towards the private elevator. He clicked on the down button, and it opened. Within seconds my uncle disappeared, leaving me to myself.

As I put my bowl in the sink, my phone rang. Picking it up from the counter, I saw that Lucy was calling me. I pressed the answer button before placing it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, grabbing my bag off the floor.

"Hey, Micheal. I need a favor," Lucy replied, hesitantly.

"Sure. What's up?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"This is not what I had in mind," Damien said as he got into the limo beside me.

The only reason he's sitting beside me is because Lucy sat beside Matthew who was across from me.

So turns out that their car had two flat tires, and since I pass their house on the way to school, Lucy asked if I give them a ride.

Undoubtedly, Damien didn't like the idea.

"Thank you, Micheal, again," Lucy thanked me once more.

"It's no problem, really," I replied as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Jordan 💞
Look at what i gottt....

And with the text message was a picture of Jordan and a baby cat. The car was orange with dark green eyes.