Ch. 29 - Plan

I HAVEN'T SEEN DAMIEN since Friday night after the ice hockey game

I HAVEN'T SEEN DAMIEN since Friday night after the ice hockey game. It's now Tuesday afternoon, and I still haven't seen him. He texted me yesterday and said that he has the flu, and I don't need to come see him.

But I call bullshit because last time he was sick, he was cuddling with me.

So instead of going to ice hockey practice, I decided to go over and check on him and Lucy. Something wasn't adding up.

Whenever I was in the elevator, my phone rang. I grabbed it out of my pocket, and I saw that my Mom was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked after I answered the phone.

"Hi, honey, have you talked to Lucy today?" Mom asked, worry in her voice.

"I'm heading up to their penthouse now. Why?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Lucy texted me this morning, and she said that she wasn't going through with the trial," she answered, making my heart drop. "I sent her multiple messages to get her to open up and tell me what's happening, but she didn't even look at them."

Something is definitely wrong.

The elevator doors opened, and I stepped out into the hallway.

"Okay, well I'm here so let me talk to her. I can see what's going on. I'll give you an update. Love you."

"Love you too," she told me before I ended the call.

I walked to their door, and I knocked on it. Taking a deep breath, I waited for somebody to open the door. My nerves are out of this world right now because something is wrong with the twins.

The door finally opened, and Lucy appeared. Her hair was pulled into a braid, and she was wearing a sweatshirt and cloth shorts. When she realized it was me, her eyes got wide like she's seen a ghost.

"Micheal, you need to leave," she whispered, looking back behind her as if she was scared about something.

"What's going on? First, you two don't show up to school for two days. Then my mom calls and tells me that you dropped the trial. Something is wrong so don't even bullshit me."

Her eyes watered, and that's when I saw something that made my blood run cold. There was two small bruise marks on her chin like somebody grabbed her.

"What happened, Lucy? There are bruises on your face," I asked, shocked.

"I'm fine," she lied,"Damien got it much more worst than me."

Then she covered her mouth over her hand. My eyes widen at what she said, and I started to push through to get inside to Damien.

How bad is he hurt? Who did this? Why didn't he tell me?

"Micheal, stop. Please," Lucy begged as tears rolled down her cheeks.