Ch. 3 - Misunderstanding

AT LUNCH, Matthew and I sat down at a table, and Matthew instantly dug into his food

The classes so far has been okay. The teachers don't seem really nice, but hopefully that will change as the school year goes on.

"Does this place have a library?" I asked Matthew before taking a bite out of my burger.

Matthew nodded,"Yeah. You like reading books?"

I shook my head,"No. My older sister does, and she told me to take picture of New York's libraries."

I have six siblings. It goes Elliot, Nick, Campbell, Gaberial, Gavin, me, and my baby sister, Amber.

"Well, I can show you after we are done eating. We have an hour for lunch. We'll be down with this in a few minutes," Matthew offered, before eating a fry.

"Okay. That's sounds good."

As we continued eating, I looked around the cafeteria. That's when I noticed a couple making out, and I scrunched up my nose.

I understand a kiss in public or holding hands. But they were fully making out like they were in the bedroom or something.

"I see that Olivia and Brody are back together," Matthew told me as he looked over where I looked.

"Do they not care that there are people on here who are trying to eat or study?" I asked him, pushing my tray away from me.

"Nope," Matthew replied, popping the p.

I waited for Matthew to finish eating, and we threw away our trash. We walked out into the halls towards the library.

"So do you have a girlfriend?" I asked Matthew as we walked.

"I did for two years, but she dumped me for a college guy," Matthew replied, running a hand through his black hair.

"That sucks."

"Any past relationships?"

I nodded,"One. We are actually best friends now."

Matthew's eyebrows furrowed together,"Why in the hell would you be best friends with your ex?"

Because I always thought of her as a best friend instead of girlfriend because I don't like girls. She also helped me out a lot with bullies and my sexuality.

I shrugged, not answering his question. We walked to a pair of glass doors, and I opened one door and Matthew followed behind me.

There was two stories, and everywhere I looked were shelves filled with books. There was circular chairs scattered, and people were in here, looking around.

The librarian sat behind a huge desk, and she typed away on something. She didn't acknowledge us, but I was okay with that.

"I'm going to look around. I'll meet you back here in twenty minutes," Matthew told me before disappearing through the rows of books.