³-. 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞

Peetas eyes fell onto the doors when they opened in the corner of his eye

Peetas eyes fell onto the doors when they opened in the corner of his eye. Haymitch has encouraged both of them not to show off their skills, using a bow and strength, in their three days of training. Today had been the first, making the pair stick to small things such as tying ropes, and in Peetas case, painting his hand to blend in with the prop tree. Katniss had walked over in curiosity, her gaze following his when the doors had opened too.

The redhead girl and the small boy from five walked in. The boy stormed off immediately, rolling his eyes while the girl hung back. Zoya was with them, clearly walking them to the training room that morning. She'd been speaking to the fox faced girl, giving her a warm smile as she watched her join the rest of them. Zoya clearly hadn't seen Katniss and Peeta looking at her, nor did she see the careers death staring her.

"She has a motive." Katniss had to admit to Peeta, because even though she was still skeptical about him as well, she definitely didn't like Zoya, "There's a reason she's staying around our district so much. Maybe to help her tributes win."

"Haymitch saved her life, I think she's just trying to repay that." Peeta had to defend Zoya after last night. He wanted to tell Katniss she wasn't as arrogant as she came off, but he knew, deep down, it wasn't his place to say what a sad, depressing person she truly was, "I trust her."

"I don't." Katniss commented again, watching the doors shut when Zoya walked away, "She shouldn't be allowed to mentor us."

"Well, they aren't letting her train us for the arena, just give us advice." Peeta pointed out, which all the advice Zoya had given seemed ridiculously smart and helpful, "If she was asking what are tactics would be in the arena, I wouldn't trust her then."

"So you think she's just helping Haymitch out?" Katniss asked in disbelief, because she couldn't believe how easily Peeta trusted someone else who could easily be telling Foxface, or the boy from Five, exactly what he'd told her.

"I think she's trying to help us." Peeta corrected her, finished off the painting along his forearm, "Maybe you should just talk to her."

But Katniss didn't want to talk to Zoya. She knew if she did, she'd end up trusting her the same way Peeta did.

"Hey there." Katniss heard that following night, sitting on the roof, her head turned back to find Zoya had walked up there, "Couldn't sleep?"

"Did you follow me?" Katniss asked her with a odd look across her grey eyes.

"You say followed, I say lingered." Zoya shrugged, sitting next to Katniss on the small bench, thats arm rest had been grown over with plants, "Cinna showed you the roof already?"

"He showed Peeta, Peeta showed me." Katniss corrected her, legs brought up to her chest as she glanced over. Zoya had expensive pajamas on, green, about the only thing Katniss liked about her right now.