³¹.-𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨

They hadn't been captured, but the plan didn't go the way they wanted

They hadn't been captured, but the plan didn't go the way they wanted. Snow released parachutes that killed and bombed thousands of children and adults. It resulted in Snow being captured himself, and now they'd been at the Capitol, awaiting Katniss' plan and orders. Peeta crawled into the bed with Zoya as she crossed her legs. "What are you thinking about?"

"How close this is to being over." Zoya stared into his eyes. "It's like...we've been waiting for this to happen for so long now."

"I know." Peeta nodded his head at her. "It doesn't feel real."

"I don't know if it is yet." she admitted, blinking in his direction. "District Five was flooded, did you know?"

Peeta gave a sad nod. Zoya shook her head. "It's like, when this is over, where does that leave us? Here? In the place we suffered the most? There is no home to go back to."

"Do you remember what you told me in the Quarter Quell?" Peeta took her hand in his. "You told me, you'd crawl home to me if you didn't make it."

Zoya nodded as Peeta stared at her. "We're not from the same distract, so what did you mean by that?"

Zoya thought about it. "I meant because you're my home."

He gave her a gentle smile. "Then there is a home to go back to."

Zoya met his eye, shaking her head. "I would have never made it without you, Peeta."

"You would have." he promised her.

"I wouldn't." she shook her head. "I could never get through this world without you. And i'm sorry for always scaring you. Making you think I was gonna leave again, like i'd leave you. It's taken me a lot of time, but I realized that if you're here-"

She stopped to take his hands in hers. "-then i'm here too."

Peeta leaned in to kiss her on the lips, Zoya kissed him back.

"What's this?" Katniss walked into the dining room to see each of them sat around the table.

"The remaining Victors. Wont you join us?" Coin suggested as Katniss hesitantly walked a little closer to sit with Haymitch. "I have invited you all here for several reasons. First, I have an announcement. I have taken the burden and the honor of declaring myself Interim President of Panem."

"Hum." Zoya nodded her head. "How fitting."

Peeta took her hand under the table in hopes of silencing the sarcasm, not sure exactly what they were up against. Haymitch laughed. "Interim? Exactly how long is this interim?"

"We have no way of knowing for certain." Coin shook her head in his direction. "But it's clear that people are far too emotional right now. This afternoon, we will execute Snow."

"About time." Zoya confirmed with a nod.

"Hundreds of his accomplices also await their deaths." Coin nodded alongside her words. "Captain officials, Peackeepers, tortures, Gamemakers. But the danger is, the rebels will not stop calling for retribution. Thirst for blood is a difficult urge to satisfy. So I offer an alternative plan. Majority of five may approve it. No one may abstain."