⁶-. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞

Zoya was terrified of people of the capitol, truly

The way they wore fake nightlock around their necks to honor her made her entire body feel queazy, like she'd puke any second. She thought about the way they'd mix blueberries in their cakes and drinks to make it appear like her tricks did in the games, as a prop of course because no one was allowed to touch actual nightlock berries. Zoya couldn't help but wonder if the berries were free to the people, what they'd do with them.

Katniss' interview rolled around rather quickly, mainly because Zoya was stealing sips of Haymitchs flask every few minutes to get her through these twenty-four interviews. She was introduced as The Girl On Fire, walking out with astonishing looks in her eyes, seemingly shocked by the audience and lights.

"Oh god." Zoya mumbled, sitting on the edge of her seat as she heard Caesar question Katniss, being ignored as she took a seat again.

His questionable look made the Everdeen girl frown her eyebrows, "What?"

The audience laughed, Zoya even had to snort despite knowing Katniss truly wasn't trying to be funny.

"I think someone's a little nervous." Caesar confirmed into the mic, "I said that was quite an entrance that you made at the Tribute Parade the other day. Do you want to tell us about it?"

"Well, I was hoping that I wouldn't burn to death." she said honestly, again, not meaning to be funny but had the entire audience laughing in their seats. Katniss looked around as if she was a deer in headlights.

"When you came out of the chariot, I have to say, my heart stopped." Caesar said honestly, one of his blue eyebrows rising her way, "Did any of you experience this as well?"

Katniss grinned when the audience flooded with cheers of agreement, "So did mine."

Caesar laughed, "Now tell me about the flames. Are they real?"

"Yes." Katniss spoke, looking out at the audience to catch Cinnas eye from next to Haymitch, "In fact, i'm wearing them today. Would you like to see?"

Once more, the audience cheered in hopes of seeing her in them. Caesar pulled a questionable look across his capitol, worked on face, "Wait, wait, wait. Is it safe?"

Katniss laughed, "Yes."

"What do you think, folks?" the man asked, the audience yelling and cheering louder then before, just to fuel his teasing even more then what it usually did, "I think that's a yes."

Katniss rose from her seat, walking forward and spinning quickly. The ends of her dress erupted in flames, bright red and orange flames dancing away at her feet. The audience ate it up, yelling and having their own share of astonishment. When Katniss stoped, Caesar caught her arm before she had the chance to fall, helping her sit back down. Zoya grinned, not only at Cinnas amazing work, but at Katniss taking her advice in working the capital in the interview.