¹¹-. 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧

Not seeing each other everyday was bad as was

Not seeing each other everyday was bad as was. The winter rolling around, the cold seeping through the expensive victors homes, regardless of what you did to stop it. The nights were cold and lonely, no one to hold. Peeta and Zoya saw each other every now and then, usually on victors nights, and whenever it was "mandated" for her to visit Twelve or him to come see Five.

There were letters, innocent ones just to tell each other how their day went. Anything else would surely alarm the capital and have one of them killed, considering it was very likely that someone would be reading their letters before mailed. It was miserable, the boredom and loneliness of not having the only person that understood the other by their side. Zoya and Peeta both held onto the times they'd see each other, usually every four months, sometimes five.

But when the victors tour would come any day now, a capital crew being sent to Twelve for the interview of the happy couple, was seemingly impossible for Zoya not to go.

Haymitch needed her there. Katniss needed Zoya after admiring she'd been the one to do her eyebrows so nicely, saying so infront of the entire capital because she knew it would come in handy in the end. And Peeta. Peeta would need her there to help him channel his inner romantic, having to be in love with the girl across from his house, who hadn't spoken so much of a full sentence to him since the games months ago.

Zoya stared at the letter when it came.

Z,
Please come as soon as you can. Cameras are already starting to show.

-P

The initials were something they did at first, even though it was seemingly pointless at this point. Sure, Snow knew it was them, his staff on mail knew. But if anyone else got ahold of the letters, they'd have no suspicion as to who 'Z' or 'P' was, meaning Zoya was safe from the crazy fans of the star crossed lovers. Zoya knew she would need a damn good reason to go to Twelve, Katniss would surly be her alibi on the whole eyebrow thing.

She needed to bake.

She would show up with strawberry tarts, one of her favorites. She could say they were for Primerose, adding the flower onto of the basket. She burnt the letter from Peeta, as she always did, as he did as well. She'd kissed Roz's cheek in the living room, making the girl take her eyes off the pages and ask Zoya if she needed her to come with her.

Regardless of how much better Roz had been doing, going to Twelve would only be bad for her in the end.

Zoya wished her a goodbye and said she'd be back in two days time, leaving with her warmest coat, the snow falling into her freezing skin. The train ride was quick for victors, having all that money getting them where they wished to go at whatever speed they wanted. The strawberry tarts had gone cold, but that was okay, they were terrible anyways. Peeta would do much better when she arrived, even though surely complimenting the salty treats that were meant to be sweet.