⁵-. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞

"Zoya, it's such a honor to have you back on our stage

"Zoya, it's such a honor to have you back on our stage." Ceaser spoke as the interviews rolled around, tradition to have the winner of the last games out to entertain the audience while the tributes of the current year had last minute touch ups, "I mean, you made quite the impact last year. Didn't she folks?"

A wave of loud applause went through the crowd, cheers, and shouts of inaudible words thrown her way. Zoya smiled at the welcoming, while she shouldn't have, she couldn't help but feel so loved.

"Happy to be back." she lied now, looking back toward the blue haired man. Her stylist, from her games, designed Zoya her own personal dress for this evening, the red and black, very glittery, pant suit she wore glistened under the lights tremendously.

"Last time you were up here, you were telling us about your father back home, how you could only hope he would survive it all without you." Ceaser looked at her with a sense of sorrow, "I don't believe I got to tell you how sorry I am for your lose."

Zoya tried to keep from snapping, ask him how he could be sorry when the man he loves is the one who killed him. The audience did the same, with gentle words all running together.

"Thank you." was all Zoya found was safe to say. Peeta watched on the small projector, back stage. He hated that her father was brought up right off the bat, he really hated that she'd been up there at all. Zoya told him last night that she didn't want to do this, because she didn't want to have to pretend like she was perfectly happy just for Snows benefit.

"I take it Rosalind is living with you now, isn't she? The two of you have gotten close, from what i've heard. We haven't seen her in quite some time." Ceaser gave Zoya a knowing look as a rush of yells went through the audience. While Roz wasn't the capital's favorite, she'd still won, and they still missed her, "Do tell us how she is?"

"Well, she's lovely." Zoya gave a forced smile, speaking lies once more. "Aws" came from the crowd as Zoya smiled, "She's done so much for me. After my father, she never let me be alone. I'll give her all of your greetings."

"The friendship between the victors is very strong, I have seen it with you a lot, haven't I?" Ceaser hummed with a raise, as far as the botox would let him, eyebrows, "I'm sure you've gotten a chance to talk to Finnick O'dair again, haven't you?"

Hoots and hollers came from the capitals people at Finnicks name, even his name making their hearts race.

"Well Finnick is my best friend, Ceaser. Of course I've spoken to him." Zoya attempted to be cheeky and funny, though it made her almost throw up in her mouth. The capital ate it up though, laughing like she'd said the funniest thing in all of history, "Finnick is doing well, he is. He's taught me how to make a net, very helpful, you can imagine."

And they laughed again, even though this time she didn't mean to be funny.

"Oh, we do miss the two of you together. Could we schedule another interview between the pair of you? Oh please." Ceaser begged her, shouts and cheers escaping the audience to show their agreement with him.