¹⁴.-𝐢 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞

"I don't know why we even bother to watch this

"I don't know why we even bother to watch this." Roz spoke as Zoya met her on the couch, plenty of time passing since the Presidents party and it now being time to announce the Quarter Quell games. "It only ever makes you go silent for a week."

"I go silent because i'm afraid i'll say something to get myself killed." Zoya pulled the blanket over her legs, the house cold, the floors freezing. "Plus, we need to know what their plan is this year, for when we mentor the tributes."

"I don't know if I can." Roz said honestly, watching President Snow walk toward the stand. "Will you be okay alone?"

No, Zoya wanted to yell at her. No, I wouldn't be okay alone. No, I wouldn't be okay getting close to another tribute then watching them die. No, I wouldn't be okay getting another cup thrown at me from an angry tribute. No, I wouldn't be okay all alone. "Yes, i'll be okay."

"Ladies and Gentlemen." Snows first words had their attention back on the projector, sat quiet and still in order to not miss a word. "This is the 75th year of The Hunger Games. And it was written in the charter of The Games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell to keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against The Capitol."

Zoya wished she was with Peeta listening to this, holding his hand so it wouldn't be so difficult to listen.

"Each Quarter Quell is trailed by Games of a specific significance. And now on this the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the 3rd Quarter Quell as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of The Capitol." Snow looked at the camera when he said it. Zoya couldn't sit still then, she never could when she was nervous or anxious. She stood, the thick blanket falling to the clean floors as her body paced slightly. "On this, the 3rd Quarter Quell Games, the male and female Tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each district."

Zoyas entire body filled of chills, her throat began to hurt but she couldn't figure out why. After a second, she realized she was screaming, that's why she was hurting. Roz took off in a sprint, Zoya wanted to go after her but she couldn't move. The bedroom door slammed, crashing and yells echoing down the hall. The Butterfield girl felt like throwing up, her legs giving out as she hit the ground, scooting against the couch and hiding her face in her knees. She cried, she sobbed, she choked on her own pain and panic.

The it hit her, and suddenly it made it so much worse. Katniss. Peeta. Finnick. Joanna. Haymitch. Anne. Roz.

It came too quick, it came too soon. Zoya planned on booking a train to District 12, but she was drug from her house the next morning. Roz was an emotion wreck, shaking and mumbling under her breath. It was terrifying seeing her that way again, just coming back from her trauma and pain. Zoya and Roz didn't speak through the night, both too lost.

Zoya was debating if she saves herself if Roz's name is called, or save her.

"Rosalind Warnhall." the woman announced too soon, too fast, too quick.