¹⁷.- 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

Zoya was alone

Zoya was alone.

Finnick was with four, Haymitch, Peeta, and Katniss with twelve, Joanna with seven, Roz at home. Her stylist were kind to her, delivering a gold hair pen from Haymitch, that was secured in her hair tie. The count down echoing in her head as she walked toward the little tube. She gave a small smile over her shoulder, nodding her head at her stylist as she stepped in. It sealed shut.

Though it was very close, Peeta and Zoya didn't manage to pull off the child act in order to cancel the games. They were prohibited to be anywhere near each other though, that was final.

The countdown was going as she saw the light, squinting her eyes as she was brought toward the top on the platform. Zoya felt blinded by the light, hiding her eyes slightly as the sound of the waves caught her attention. With an adjustment, she realized the arena was in an ocean of some sorta, the cornucopia in the middle while the platforms were feet away. Zoya looked around as quick as she could, any sight of Peeta or Katniss, knowing they'd be farthest from her.

Zoya turned, locking eyes with Finnick, he gave her a small nod.

Zoya tried to secure herself, but she was internally panicking. The speakers rung in her ears. "Let the 75th Hunger Games begin."

Zoya held her head up, inhaling and trying to ease her breathing as much as she could, knowing she was about to be even more out of breath and each inhale was valuable. "May the odds be ever in your favor. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one."

The cannon fired, Zoya dove into the water, traveling deep as she swam. Finnick was there first, yanking her up quickly. "I'll find Katniss, you get what you can and i'll find you!"

Zoya ran off immediately, darting down the thin trail leading to the cornucopia. Her and the girl from eight ran into each other. Zoya huffed as she hit the rock hard, the red haired woman over her and trying to clearly take Zoya out. The Butterfield girl had to fight with aggression, no weapon to save her, only her bare hands that latched onto the woman's head and yanked her down, her skull hit beside her head. The red haired woman yelled out in pain, Zoya shoving her off of her and took off, grasping a belt of knives.

She spun around, sending a knife at the girl from 8 that was coming for her, doing a forward roll and stabbing upwards at the male from 10.

"Zoya!" it was Finnick, coming around the side with Katniss, a trident in hand. "Mags found Peeta!"

Zoya ran after them immediately, following behind Katniss' bow. They came across the water, Peeta fighting with the male tribute from Five. Despite being in the same district, they hadn't spoken much, and he made it clear was no fan of Zoya. Peeta was trying to climb up the platform, the tributes yanking him back.

"Peeta!" Zoya yelled when his body was yanked under the water, Finnick diving in while Katniss rose her bow incase the male from Five swam up. A cannon fired in the air, a body floating up from the water. Zoya jumped off into the water quickly, kicking her legs and scooping her arms to try and get over.