²⁵.- 𝟕𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

It's not fair

It's not fair.

All Zoya could think about was how unfair it was, at her best friends wedding. She should be happy, she should be glad and proud of Finnick and Annie. But, she couldn't. It was hard, seeing Annie recover so graciously, still in love with Finnick as she did when she left. Now, she was okay enough to get married. Zoya wasn't even okay enough to be in a social group longer then an hour, and the love of her life wasn't okay enough to not be strapped down.

It was all so unfair.

"You've saved me a dance, I hope?" Finnick left Annie with one of the dancers, headed to Zoya. "You are my best man, after all."

Zoya cracked a grin. "The only dance of the night."

"How special I feel." he placed a hand on his heart, taking her hand to give a small spin. "Not enjoying the wedding?"

"No, it's beautiful." Zoya shook her head, guilt hitting her when she realized her face probably said more then her words would. "Just...still getting use to being with people again."

"I know." he rubbed her back as they danced. "I'm so glad you're back though, Z."

She hugged him tightly. "Me too. And that I get to see you get married."

"You next." he joked, but realized Zoya didn't return the laugh. "Peeta will get better. He's so strong, he knows he's got you. You just have to give him time."

"I'm trying." she promised, getting sight of Roz swinging Katniss around. Roz and Katniss, Finnick and Annie. Then, there was her. Where her and Peeta should be, while he was locked down with advanced treatment. She could imagine what it would be like if he had been here, the joy they'd share at their friends wedding. "I really am trying."

"Hey." Zoya walked into Peeta room with a smile. It got better to see him, as long as they didn't talk about Katniss or the capitol. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." he nodded, his hands locked together instead of tied to a bed now. "I heard music."

"Finnick and Annie's wedding was today. Remember when I told you?" she walked to sit on his bed. He'd gained weight back and his hair was growing out again, his eyes not so sunken in. He looked how he once did, but the light in his eye was still dull. "Maybe we'll make the next one."

"Maybe." he nodded, moving over some so she could crawl up next to him, her head onto his shoulder with an exhale. "I was thinking about something. Do you remember when we first met? Near the chariots?"

"Of course." she hummed, one hand petting the blonde hair on his head.

"I remember being so scared of you." his response made her frowned her eyebrows. "You were so confident and I could tell you thought you were better then all of us. It was terrifying. And then, I saw you again, but we were alone. I wasn't scare of you then."