Chapter six

I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I was mad at myself, but yet pleased. It felt good, to be with him, but I couldn't be just another one of the girls that just falls at his feet. He just sounded so soft and caring, I didn't know what to think anymore. I just knew it coul never happen again. I avoided him, and each time I saw him I just ignored him if he aproached me and walked away. A few weeks passed like this and it somehow saved me, to think of something else, it got my mind out of my parent situation. I acted normal with my friends but I avoided the talk about my parents, even though it was bound to come. They were all happy, they had amazing boyfriends who cared for them and who they were falling for: Joe, Ethan and Ford, even though they hadn't realized it yet. I decided it was time to tell them, so I invited them to a sleepover and told them everything.

"Why didn't you tell us Em?" asked Olivia

"Yeah. We could have helped you, you know? " continued Ella, grabbing my arm

"It makes me sad that you had to go through it alone" said Grace "You know we are always here for you right?"

"Of course I do guys, just like I'll always be here for you" I told them "I was just going through a hard time and you looked so happy. I didn't want to bother you with my problems" I continued "But now that I have told you, it feels like a wheight has been lifted off my back." I said, as I smiled broadly "I love you guysss"

"We love you too" They answered

That night I slept like a baby, I had no worries, that is until I woke up in the morning and remembered that I still do. I've got the Chris situation and the parents situation, and I had no idea how any of them were going to work out.

I changed and got to school, because I had the support of my friends, I felt happier about my parents separating. So, I changed into something cute and put on some makeup, things I hadn't bothered to do since I heard the news. I drove us to school with the country music pumping and us singing amazingly off key. We danced and sang all the way there and I got off the car feeling, for the first time in weeks, happy.

The only crappy part about my day, was the crappy part of every other day: Homeroom. But I was so relieved I had told my friends about my parents, that it didn't even bother me.

The day planned out smoothly, we even had lunch at Starbucks, which is thankfully only one block away from school. I laughed with my friends and they made me feel so much better, but when the day finished and we all came back to my house, I told them they didn't have to worry about me, I'd be fine, and they said that they would always take care of me. I told them I loved them so much and thanked them for such an amazing day.

I went up to my room and lay awake at night, still thinking of Chris, I didn't know what I was feeling, it was a mix of emotions I hadn't felt before. What had happened? What did he feel? Was he thinking about it too? Or was he just doing it to play me? Did he really want to be with me? I had a million other questions in my head, questions I didn't have the answer to. It all scared me, my parents separating, my almost - kiss with Chris, and how my friends would react if I told them, should I? Or should I wait and figure it out first?

3:05 am. I went to sleep at 3:05 in the morning, thinking about everything. Every little thing.