Chapter 9

Russo's p

Russo's p.o.v

Indeed by the end of the previous day, the council had made the decision. I was an official member.

Yay me.

And so my climb to be the president begins.

Today after classes, when I was called to the classroom where they held meetings, Bradberry wasn't there.

"Congratulations." Tomislav walked over, being the one in charge as the vice president and shook my hand first.

"Thank you." I smiled at everyone. "Thank you so much to all of you. I'd do my best not to let you down."

"There's no need to drown you in work right away so for today's meeting..." Tomislav smiled. " So let's just introduce everyone first."

I shook hands with everyone who I didn't know before and with those I did know I happily greeted them. They were pretty excited to have me here and I was so happy to have people I knew who were kind-hearted on the team.

"I bring cupcakes. There are different toppings so if anyone hates cupcakes here, speak now or forever hold your breath."

That seemed to work. It totally made the atmosphere relaxed and everyone took a cupcake.

We sat down and instantly I started talking to cover up my excitement and nervousness.

Sabrina, who was the secretary and I had my doubts about, turned out to be this lovely redhead with the same passion for study music, like I had. It was quite the bonding we had and we even started discussing playing those playlists during the meetings.

Simon had so much white hair on his black sweater, I instantly assumed had a pet so I went with that topic with him and then Bryan joined in, telling us about his funny stories and somehow we all ended up sharing funny experiences with animals.

I was so excited and happy to be in a student council meeting I almost forgot that I had an enemy.

"So where is Bradberry?" I asked them. "I thought she'd congratulate me first."

Did she slack off or something? Though I doubted she left any openings like that.

Everyone went quiet.

Sabrina turned towards me. "You know Bradberry personally?"

Oh god. If I even sound like I'm trying to take her down I'm out of this club faster than I got in. And I finally started feeling like I belonged here.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah. She came to introduce herself to me yesterday. I thought that was so nice of her." I said as the most naive-looking girl in the room.

Andre, who stayed mostly quiet throughout the whole meeting and had me suspecting he was loyal to Bradberry suddenly chose to speak.

"She couldn't make it. Said she had a meeting with the new guy in third year. You know.." He looked at his colored nails. "Damyan.."