Chapter 27

Russo's p.o.v

I moved the sleeve of my coat up, to glance at the wristwatch. I had about a few hours to get my stuff in order and prepare for the festival which was in two days. And that was priority number one before revenge.

The weather was cold, the air felt prickly upon my cheeks. And even though it was no longer snowing and the sun was out, it still felt like December. I was standing in front of the empty baseball field, waiting for everyone to arrive.

Shay was the first one to arrive hands in pockets and nose nuzzled in her large grey scarf.

"Is that new?" I asked her looking at the scarf.

"It's Luca's." She answered avoiding eye contact.

"Mmmmm." I pressed my lips together trying not to laugh.

"What?" She gave me a mean glance.

"Nothing." I shook my head innocently.

"Want me to get you a plane to Mexico before all of this blows up in your face?" Shay asked with a smirk on her face.

"Have it on standby." I smiled.

"Why are we meeting here again and not somewhere warm?" Luca finally showed up.

"Because the walls have ears. Our plans have to remain a secret." I answered.

"I don't know what I expected your logic to be." Luca shook his head.

"Should be safe here, considering no one except us would freeze willingly outside." Shay rubbed her hands together trying to warm them up.

"Bradberry didn't show up after that speech today." Luca took one of Shay's hands and put it in his pocket to keep her warm.

Shay seemed confused and happy at the same time but didn't say anything.

God damn it. I was barely holding in my fangirling in here.

"Russo.." Luca tried to get my attention. "Bradberry wasn't here today after the speech."

"Yes. She is too embarrassed to show her face after that declaration of war."I smiled.

"No remorse huh? " Luca sighed.

I pressed my hands together in a praying manner. "May my sins be confessed and my evil plans blessed. Don't let my enemies have time to run, I have only just begun."

"Yeah I don't think that's in the bibble," Shay said.

I smiled. "Shut up you atheist."

"Brrr. It's so fucking cold out here. " Damyan showed up zipping up his jacket.

"How dare you say you're cold when you have a sun next to you, shining so brightly." I grinned at him.

"Ah yes how could I forget." He leaned over, giving me a peck on the lips and then handed me the usb. "The practice game video as you asked for it."

"You got it?" I grabbed it from his cold hands.

Oh..Which reminds me.

I roamed around in my bag until I found the gloves. "I got you this."

He took them confused.

"It might not be your style, but I don't want you to freeze."

"You're worried about me even in times of war?" He smirked.

"You're my means for success so I have to take care of you." I smiled cheekily.

He blinked twice then grabbed my face. "Stop being so fucking precious when you smile.I just want to.."