Chapter 20

Russo's p.o.v

"Get your things. Go, go go.." The coach rushed the boys to get ready immediately after breakfast. I was still drinking my coffee while the rest had to go and rush to get ready. Yep, I was definitely on vacation here.

After making sure Sabrina and I looked diplomatic enough for the meeting with the school, we got on the bus and they drove us over to the school.

The team didn't look like they were too worried or anxious before the game. Rather they were very chatty in the morning.

The coaches from the other school and the student body president greeted us when we arrived.

I shook their hands like I meant business. Once I singled out the student body president I greeted him before Sabrina did. "I'm Russo, we spoke on the phone."

I pushed forward a bit of a dominant stance. The guy instantly made a firmer grip on my hand.

Yep, he was still angry about that passive-aggressive email I sent him. But now that he did what I wanted there was no need to be hostile so I decided to fix the situation.

I gave him my most charming feminine smile. "You're incredible. You really did book us the practice at an early notice."

And just like that he was proud of himself and released the grip over my hand.

Damn, I'm good.

"Let's get the players to change and start the warm-up." The other coach suggested.

They headed towards the gym, but in the rush there was no time for me to give Damyan some encouragement. He seemed a bit worried yesterday.

"I'll take you to your seats." The student body president offered.

He took us to the baseball field bleachers and upon getting a glimpse of it, I was welcomed by a roar of chatter

He took us to the baseball field bleachers and upon getting a glimpse of it, I was welcomed by a roar of chatter. I expected a practice game to be just that. A practice game. But the bleachers were filled with people. They were here to watch an actual match.

"Is this your whole school?" I asked in amazement.

"Half of it is our school, but the rest are just baseball fans. Once they heard there would be a practice game, they showed up. It's not uncommon." He replied and took us to good seats reserved for us.

"I'm getting nervous." Sabrina whispered to me after we sat down. "Paul told me he and Damyan won't be playing yet."

"What?" I turned towards her disappointed. "Why not?"

"It all depends on how they play the game."

"I see." Damn, I really hope I get to see Damyan play.

After a while the boys all changed into their uniforms, got out on the baseball field and started warming up.

Damyan was not among them. Damn it.