Chapter 14

Since it's such a Christmasy week

Since it's such a Christmasy week. Here you go another chapter

Russo's p.o.v

Twenty minutes later we were in front of the kindergarten and in his neighborhood.

I waited outside and Damyan came out holding the hands of his siblings on each side. They were twins, a boy, and a girl. When they saw me they instantly hid behind their brother. He leaned over to give them a pep talk.

My ovaries just exploded.

They were the cutest thing ever.

"Hello." I squatted down to be at their level and smiled.

There was no answer.

"This is my friend from high school." He told them. "Tell her your name."

The boy looked at me and got courage to talk. "I'm um.. My name is Damyan."

What?

"Yo." Damyan laughed. "That's my name. Why are you stealing it?"

The boy cheekily laughed and hid behind him.

"Sorry, they're usually not this shy."

"It's okay." I rose up. "We'll take it one step at a time."

We walked to his house which was not very far from the kindergarten. He got to tell me their names were Ella and Elliot.

"What's in the bag?" Ella, who was closer to my side, asked while staring at the extra bag I carried.

"Oh it's your brother's jacket. I'm giving it back."

"I could have carried that." He said surprised.

"It's okay." Considering he was carrying way too many things, it didn't even cross my mind to hand him one more bag.

"We're here." Damyan walked first unlocking the door to his house and the twins instantly ran inside.

"After you." He let me walk in first.

"Thank you."

I took off the boots in the hallway and then instantly looked around. The hallway was bright and wide and there was enough space to move. It had a modern feel to it, with cool tones, but it still had some sort of warmth as most of the door frames and stars were made out of wood.

Damyan picked up the jackets and the boots left by the twins on the floor and turned towards the wall and I realized the whole wooden wall was actually a closet.

He slid the door and hung the jackets and placed the boots inside.

"Your coat?" He extended his arm.

I handed him his jacket first and then took off my coat.

He stood there staring.

Guess it was a good idea to wear that red dress.