7 • Root Sickness?

Previously:
I watched him be taken away in a stretcher and looked at him with teary-anime eyes. "I didn't know you were sick Kusuo..." I sniffed to hold back my tears, causing Kusuo to feel a twinge of guilt for making me almost cry. Sorry Bubblegum, but I have a role to play as well.

{ Remember:
1. ' ' = Thoughts
2. " " = Dialogue
3. " "+Bold = Telepathic Communication
4. [ ] = Point of View or Date&Time
5. { } = Author Notes
6. ( ) = Relevant Information
7. Bold+Italics = Universe's Answer }

[ 1st Person Point of View • Aiko Emiko ]

The root sickness incident was eventually cleared up, Kusuo only felt a bit of guilt for making me cry. After he was released from the hospital I took him to his favorite Café for some coffee jelly, telling him I was sorry for overreacting. "It's fine. Don't worry about it." The rest of the day passed without incident. Kusuo walked me home when we were done at the café and I went to sleep.

[ Next Day ]

I woke up, got ready, and started heading to school. Kurumi insisted I walked to school with Kusuo from now on so he was waiting for me in front of my house. We walked in a blissful silence, not needing to say anything. We passed by Kaido and my inner-fangirl started acting up. I heard Kusuo insult Kaido's 8th-grader-syndrome but I ignored it. Once we got in the classroom Kusuo sat down and I sat behind him. He was turned around in his chair while I rambled about something random. That was our routine. We walked to and from school in silence and in return he let me talk to him during school breaks. It was worth to it. Eventually we heard others talking about a snake being on the lose, which I decided to listen to wholeheartedly. I would get to meet Shun Kaido soon! Kusuo had immediately noticed when I stopped talking so he zoned into what I was listening to as well.

I watched as Kaido explained his fantasy to the uncultured heathens I call classmates while I had a smirk on my face. Kusuo noticed this of course. "Why are you smirking?" 'Cause Kaido is baby- I looked at him before just sticking my tongue out, silently telling him he wasn't getting an answer from me. He turned back around as he foresaw what would happen next. Kaido started rambling about how Kusuo was his partner or something while I looked at the two in amusement. I heard both sides of the half-conversation they had and I had to make it seem like I only heard Kaido. I heard our classmates make fun of Kaido and I frowned a bit. Something a certain pinkette didn't fail to notice. I watched Kaido with a pitying gaze as he walked out of the classroom on the verge of tears. Kusuo immediately noticed what would happen next and left for the bathroom, feeling a little bad about leaving me behind. 'It would be weird if I tried taking her to the bathroom. Sorry Aiko.' I heard his thought and internally smiled, at least he cared for me a little bit.

I watched as the snake fell out of the students sleeve and feigned panic. I knew Kusuo was watching with clairvoyance so I decided to make him feel a little more guilty about leaving me behind. I started backing up to a wall, making it seem as if I was just panicking as I distanced myself from Nendou. I watched everyone freak out as the snake started slithering towards us after releasing its grip on Nedou. I watched with feigned shock as Kaido faced the snake and used his powers to defeat it. I cheered with everyone else, but instead of Kaido I thanked a certain pink haired psychic.