8 • Dodgeball Time!

{ Remember:
1. ' ' = Thoughts
2. " " = Dialogue
3. " "+Bold = Telepathic Communication
4. [ ] = Point of View or Date&Time
5. { } = Author Notes
6. ( ) = Relevant Information
7. Bold+Italics = Universe's Answer }

[ 1st Person Point of View • Aiko Emiko ]

It was a new day and it was time for P.E. Kusuo had his inner monologue about why it was his least favorite subject while I just followed him around like a lost puppy. Of course, I made it seem like I didn't notice any of the many mistakes he made. I would offer to help him control his strength but I don't really want to expose myself to him just yet... The teacher told us that starting today the class would be Co-Ed so I didn't have to worry about missing what would happen next.

[ Time Skip: It's Time to Play Dodgeball ]

Mr. Matsuzaki had just announced that the class would be playing dodgeball. I heard the entire class grumble about it in their minds while some people did so out loud. I just stood next to Kusuo with an indifferent expression, I knew what would happen anyway. Hairo made his speech about reliving our youthful day while I just sweat dropped. I leaned towards Kusuo and said "Aren't we still teenagers though..?" I heard a Kusuo agree with me in his mind while he nodded at me. I gave him a sheepish grin before I looked back at Hairo. Eventually everyone gave in to Hairo's energy and we decided teams by Rock and Paper. I was on Kusuo's team, obviously, and just stood slightly behind him. I watched the match with feigned interest but let out a little chuckle after Hairo threw the ball. Again, I leaned next to Kusuo and started talking. "Why's he sweating so much? The match just started and he only threw the ball once!" I looked at his expression to see his eyes slightly widened. He nodded at my statement and started thinking about how I'm the only person he's met with any common sense.

The other team threw the ball back at us and hit Kusuo right in the face. I looked at him with a pained expression and started asking him if it hurt. He shook his head and started walking away. Hairo questioned him a bit, then told him he's safe because of the face-safe rule. Kusuo grumbled about the rule as he now had to throw the ball. He threw it very lightly at Nendou and it was obvious I was trying to keep myself from laughing. Hairo berated Kusuo about how light he had thrown the ball and then yelled at me for laughing. I didn't fail to notice that Kusuo got a bit angry when Hairo started yelling at me though. "Stop yelling at them. They didn't do anything." I looked at Kusuo in shock, I never expected him to defend me. I gave him a smile, to which he just nodded at me.

Eventually Nedou threw the ball back at us and only three people remained. Me, Kusuo, and Hairo. Nendou started talking about leaving his buddy for last and said the Captain was next, 'Did he not see me?' I looked at Kusuo in confusion and he just shrugged. "At least you don't have to worry about being hit." I just smiled a bit and nodded. I heard Kusuo talk through his plan in his mind and I internally chuckled. 'He really want to get out, huh?' I watched him take the hit for Hairo, who proceeded to catch it. I quickly looked away though, not wanting to see what the red haired male exposed when he caught the ball. Everyone started talking about how Hairo was injured so Kusuo and I were the only ones left in the match. He was given the ball because he had gotten hit earlier. 'Good grief...'