[8] No Rest For The Weary

' ' 𝙰 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚋, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚎𝚝. ' '

[]======[]

You never expected to see 'normal' in your life ever again. The thought of that was forced out of your war-torn mind long ago. Olive had graciously gifted you with ancient memories, unlocking a part of yourself you thought drowned in the deep grey of the prison cell.

The two of you were catching up while exploring nice places to set up your small room on the ship. There was enough space for a one-person bed, maybe a desk or chair, and then a closet for storage.

Your (favorite color) sheets had been cleaned off and refurnished to fit the mattress, and perfectly soft pillows rested on the headboard. A single stuffed animal topped it off, your favorite, a (favorite animal). You had gotten it at the zoo when you were around 14, and although you were growing out of the need for stuffed animals, this creature just spoke to you.

Your hands gently held it, and pet the faux creature. You had given it a name due to its chunky but adorable size: Meatball.

"You named it Meatball?" Olive gently laughed behind you, holding a hand to her lips as she didn't mean to make fun of your beloved plush.

"Well look how chunky he is." You held up the (favorite color) (favorite animal) to your friend.

"I suppose I see now." She shrugged and pat its head. "Do you remember pajama day, the first one of when we were in highschool?"

You thought about it- your school was a very much 'spirit' school, and had many occasions that allowed fun and silly dress up days during school. And then it hit you after putting your eyes on Meatball again. You and Olive had passed the poor creature around like a football through the halls... You started to laugh out loud, "Oh my g- YES!"

    Olive had fallen right into her crush as she went in for a catch, but she was caught instead. Wink wonk. Now, it was something cute and funny to look back on.

You two laughed together, like old friends. With a final breath, you looked to your canine friend once again, "I still can't believe I'm back out of that prison- I wish it was for a better reason but..."

"But you're doing amazing (y/n). Look, you're smiling and laughing." Olive grabbed your cheek and shook it like an old woman would to a young child. You laughed in a slight pain at the motion, but it was all good intent.\

"You're right, I'm just still getting used to it is all." Your shoulder head fell onto her shoulder, your tone quieting. Olive's chest huffed up and down in a slight giggle.

"You'll be fine (Y/n), really." Olive's arm reached over your back and pat your head from behind as she had to your (favorite animal plushie) that still rested in your arms. "We'll-"

"Attention All Units. All available Freedom Fighters on base are set for our next departure in 15 minutes. Please report to the Control Room for further instructions."

The loudspeakers of HQ made the announcement, and you huffed as you pulled yourself off of Olive. "Already?" You groaned.

Your companion chuckled, "No rest for the weary." She joked, sitting upright to exit the room.

As soon as you stood up, your stomach groaned as well. You hadn't eaten since you got out of the prison, and all this running around and fighting has taken a toll on your energy. Your tail, (if long enough), dragged on the ground.