[32] Your Space Rock is Now My Space Rock

No Content Warnings // No Recap
[]======[]

Everyone turned to him as he was concerned, confused. His blue eyes were wide and panicked, "What do you mean you have no cure!"

Eggman's head shrunk into his shoulders as the young fox got all in his face. Metal Sonic, alert that his master was being threatened, tried to jump up but was held back by the honorable Gemrel.

Eggy waved his hand in front of Tails and just said straight forward that-, "I didn't need to make one if it was just going to disappear on its own in maybe.... one... carry the three.... 200 years?"

Silver soon walked into the room, clutching his arm from a fight he finished on another front, farther up north. The hedgehog nodded and sat close to you, noticing that, "That has to be why my future is the way that it is- there were no zombots because they had already disintegrated..."

Despite your weakness, you wouldn't leave your friend like that. You stood up and managed to get over to Silver. Amy was close by why she saw how beat up the future hero was.

But Silver was the only person to appear through the doorway at all. You carefully asked Silver as you wrapped his arm over your neck for support, "What- happened up North... In Ice Paradise?"

"Th-e shuttle went down after an infected passenger managed to board... I... I- couldn't save anyone..." Silver put a hand on his head, absolutely defeated and trembling. "Is this why my time is doomed? Because I failed here?-"

"Silver, don't think that way-" You brought the hedgehog over to sit down on one of the jump seats with you. "I still believe you being here is a step in the right direction. In your time, maybe this entire interaction didn't happen. Maybe, you weren't even here in the first place. Or well- hypothetical other you?"

"We can only theorize." Tails flew over to Silver to see if he was ok as well. "Speaking of which, we should probably do as much as we can before Sonic-"

"Turns?" The blue hero shook his glove. He had suddenly become super infected, maybe even %50 just by standing in the ship for the last 10 minutes. "Yeah- it's no good buddy. I need to run but there's not enough space on this small island. No offense Knux."

Sonic's red echidna friend huffed as he called his sacred home that. Knuckles kept his eyes on Starline at all times, muttering to himself that, "Maybe you just need a track of some sort that moves instead of you. Easy enough right?"

Knuckle's eyes wandered to Tails, who visibly got a lightbulb idea.

. . . . .

"I was suggesting you build one. Not chop down my trees!"

Shortly after the genius fox's idea, Sonic would be running on a make-shift wooden treadmill. Knuckles stared at his friend, disappointed in how Tails 'ruined' his home.

However to you, it was rather cool to watch Metal Sonic tear down a tree with his sharp talons at top speed. Currently, you were standing next to Amy and Espio with Silver sitting on the grass below. He had been patched up, but still looked rough.

All around, you were thinking of unique ways to control the situation. Starline trying to be all mighty, smiled devilishly as he suggesting that they use the master emerald. Thankfully, Tails said it would sink Angel Island while Knuckles threated the henchman, saying he wouldn't even let Starline touch it.

You looked down to Silver, seeing him thumble with a blade of grass when you thought of an idea as well, "What about chaos control? I know that was Shadow's thing but-"

"That, and it only moves a target over a limited range. It can't change the very make up of things." Silver sighed and looked up to you with tired yellow eyes.

Amy spoke up as well.. "W-well what about Super Sonic?"

Sonic, still sprinting on the treadmill, tried to talk between exhaustion and the rapid breathing of continuing to run, "I don't... really think so. Being Super Sonic means... I have unlimited power... but I don't think I can do absolutely anything with it... Phew."

"That, and the Deadly Six have them." Eggman interrupted.

You eyed down the villain as he turned his back to the group, "Well I don't see you coming with ideas."

Smirking and pressing his fingers together, Eggman chuckled, "Ho ho, well, I wanted you all to exhaust your bad ideas first. It's simple. We'll just use pea-brain's Warp Topaz!"

Starline's eyes widened and he jumped back when Eggman took a step forwards. He tried to hide the precious gemstone as Eggman went on explaining... "Starline here told me himself that it can cause massive changes with little charge! Pump the power of Super Sonic through it and he can warp the virus away just like that!"

Through his explanation, Eggman bent down to meet eyes with you. A small glare in his glasses exposed his eye, where he- winked? And then looked at Starline....

"You'll have to think of something else. I won't allow that..."

'You had to take it from him...'

Starline tried to defend his need to protect it, when he claimed he was the expert and should have a say in this. Although that was true, it wasn't time to play it safe. This is do or die. The finale.

But soon, all collaboration began to disappear as the villains began to argue... Starline ranted about this option, "Super Sonic using the Warp Topaz would be reckless and COULD undo the metal virus- Or it could create space-time altering effects and collapse the planet!" He hissed at that last part, that was truly dangerous. "We have this safe haven! We are resources! WE CAN STILL WIN!"

Eggman grew red all over from rage, "That blue rodent is living on borrowed time! Doesn't matter if you destroy or not we'll all disappear anyways if we don't! WE'RE ENDING THIS!"

"Eggman is right. Starline, seriously, you have to consider the options instead of just for your- your evil glory!?" You ran forwards, startling the platypus. He took a step backwards as you approached, but refused to be afraid of you. He hesitantly looked between you, your soft (e/c) eyes pretending to plead to him. This was your opportunity to get close, to steal the Topaz from him.

Starline- he felt bad for what he did to you, your mental state practically, when he took down Olive... "no... NO." The platypus began to create a portal behind him, attempting to escape on his own, "I'll figure out a way to finish what Eggman started. You can thank me later-"

As you leaped forwards and dropped the act to get along of Starline, a high pitched noise came from Metal Sonic as he screamed forwards, jet boots empowered and claws ready to grasp Starline. In an instant, he had his claws on Starline's arm that contained the Warp Topaz. He held it out, preventing the henchman from operating it.

"Why thank you Metal. And- (M/s) woman I suppose..." Eggman grumbled as he snatched Starline's entire glove from his hand. The villain began to laugh to himself, a streak of light as if this was an anime went through his eyes, "Starline... You're fired."

Together, you and Metal Sonic THREW Starline into his portal! Regardless if you were unsure of where it would take him. Starline was now out of the equation.

Gone.

[]======[]
And believe it or not, that's the absolute last time we actually will see Starline ever in this book. Maybe we'll think about him, but he's gone, just like that.

Chapter Length @1300 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda