[19] Crisis City

An alarm went off while Sonic, Tails, and yourself were chatting in Tail's workshop. You all looked up and around the facility, red lights spiraling. You and Sonic nodded to each other and took off, leaving Tails to continue his work.

Running down the hallway, you yelled for others to clear the way. Sonic, as much as he loved to run, kept at your pace while both of you raced towards the control room.

"What's going on!" Sonic yelled, skidding to a halt. Amy was frantically at work with Rouge while the hologram displayed a massive city.

"We're getting a distress signal from- your old prison bunker?" Amy swiped up to reveal a pre-recorded distress call rather than a live feed. It was a raspier voice, calling out in an ordering manor. Then, a portrait of a frustrated black and red hedgehog appeared on the screen.

Your eyes narrowed and you grit your teeth, a small growl escaping your throat. Shadow the Hedgehog...

His expression was serious and he appeared angry. "The high security prisoner (N/n) has escaped her containment!"

"Excuse ME!?" You turned to Amy, your claw bared as your face turned irritated. "He doesn't know I'm even out of prison!?-"

You took a step towards her. Shadow was an absolute threat to your freedom, and he wasn't even aware he was on your side.

The situation in the control room looked dicy, everyone was on edge now that you were turning aggressive. Shadow's hologram disappeared but the alarms were still going off. Amy took a step back as you approached.

"I- I told Rouge to tell the rest of Team Dark!"

Both you and Amy snapped your faces towards Rouge, the general communication between team dark. Her eyes widened and she looked away, pretending to not be a part of the situation.

Before she could be pressed even more, a lamb who acted as Amy's assistant ran into the room panicked.

"Miss Amy Rose! Sunset City is under a massive attack from a horde of infected."

"GREAT!" The pink hedgehog threw her hands in the air. "ROUGE, we'll talk about your lack of communication later. (Y/n)." Amy rushed back over to you and gestured to the hangar. "We need you but you'll have to explain the situation to Shadow."

"WHAT. Why me?! He's going to try to kill me out there." You yelled back, eyes wide at the threat ahead. Shadow was more dangerous in your memory than the metal virus could.

"We have no time, you can figure it out!" Amy pushed you towards the hangar doors and jumped back to run to the control room again, yelling back that Sonic would be joining you, he was just on his way, running.

Olive was already inside the SS Endurance when you arrived, engines purring and the door open for you to jump in. The ship rose up, and you made your way over to Sunset City to besiege the horde interrupting that already crazy city life.

. . . . .

"Olive, you can do it. Don't you love to sing?" The sweet innocent voice of a (m/s) in her youth muttered around a campfire, surrounded by a group of individuals, friends, from her childhood. Trees overcast the sky with their expansive branches, for you were out in a forest's raw nature.

Other members around the fire nodded, sitting on logs and stumps around the dancing flames. Each face glowing a warm orange and yellow hue as they drew closer to the dangerous beautiful fire, warming hands or toasting some marshmallow treats.

"I do but, I haven't in a while." The little border collie shied away, ignoring her desire to please the crowd with a talent she truly did enjoy.

"There's no need to be scared Olive." Another member of your group encouraged the canine, scooting closer with curiosity.

"Ha, and you're better at it than all of us anyways." A tan wolf-hedgehog mix with caramel crown spines and red to orange faded eyes. He was laying sideways on a long log, lounging comfortable as his head rested in his palm.

Olive blushed at the complement, especially from this lad here. Afterall, this was her crush.

"We believe in you." You added, the rest of your group nodding and murmuring 'yea' and 'of course' between each other. A monkey pulled out a guitar, strumming a few notes to Olive's favorite song. There was no way she could resist. With a howl from her crush and a note later, she started to sing...

. . . . .

As you stood in the hangar looking down at the forest below, you caught sight of campsites. Your home away from home before being captured by Wolf. You hoped Olive saw it from the pilot's cabin racing towards the city while you stared back at the landscape left behind.

"Alright (Y/n), we're here." Your partner called over the loudspeakers. You clasp your hands together, taking a step towards the edge and holding onto a rope as you leaned dangerously over the edge, your strength keeping you alive as you looked at the horde incoming... "alrighty- here we go."

Olive hovered on the top of a building while you jumped down, racing towards the blue line that made itself known in the streets of the city. When Sonic caught your eye, you began to run to meet him-

"Help! We're trapping in the upper level, LOOK UP!" An older gentleman and his family were waving out the window to you. They were scared, Infected were beginning to grasp onto window seals and scale the building. Nowhere would be safe-

"Olive, we got some people in a building here. Bring the Endurance in close." You called over a radio, and Olive came soaring back. The ship lined itself up with a patio porch, dropping its hangar doors for people to escape into. The startled citizens clambered into the ship and it took off to a safe distance once again.

"I'm on my way to go find Sonic, I'll update you so-OOOON WHOA!" As you turned a corner, a reign of gunfire impedes your movement. Your eyes widened at the dangerous voley of projectiles, and like a scared cat (on all fours if you want), you scurried back around your corner. You were on group level and this wasn't good.

"Omega!" It was Sonic's voice calling around the corner- and OMEGA?!? Like that violent, reformed robot from Team Dark?

You came around the corner knowing that a friend was there to support you, but instead, Omega immediately flipped his rapid fire cannon arms right at you.

"𝙰𝙳𝙳𝙸𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚃. 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙴𝙶𝙶𝙼𝙰𝙽 𝙾𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙸𝙽. 𝙱𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙻 𝚂𝚄𝙱𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃 𝙽/𝙽."

"Whoa buddy! She's on our side now!" Sonic sped in between the two of you, moving his hands in front of Omega who tried to move away, left, right, up, down to point his guns at you, but each time Sonic blocked the way too.

"𝙸 𝙳𝙾 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚅𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄."

"It's true, I really am here to help! Getting survivors out of here. If you're seriously going to fight me, do it later when we're not saving people." You narrowed your eyes at the stubborn robot who still kept his arm cannon at the ready, but turned to face a new direction.

"𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝙾𝙱𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴. 𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙾𝚈 𝙴𝙽𝙴𝙼𝚈. 𝙴𝙶𝙶𝙼𝙰𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝙱𝙾𝚃𝚂 𝚁𝙴𝙼𝙰𝙸𝙽."

[]======[]
GONNA GO SEE THE SONIC 2 MOVIE TODAY WOOOOO

Chapter Length @1230 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda