[33] Those That Remain II

Spoilers Ahead for what happened in the other routes! The start of this chapter will be written from the perspective if (Y/n) went with Route B, Cream and Gemerl.
[]======[]

Slowly, you walked through the green warp portal with solemn (e/c) eyes. Your gaze never left the ground as you continued to reminisce about what happened. Vision became tunneled as you stopped in the archway out of the portal while returning chaos unfolded around you as the rest of each team came back.

Only two teams seemed to appear back in full. Tails and Amy had the blue chaos emerald, Whisper and Silver got the cyan. The lack of friends damned the mood, the atmosphere turning gray despite the beauty of the island you just returned to.

From where you walked out alone, Sonic stood close by as you emerged, "(Y/n), I'm glad you're safe. But- where's..." The blue hero didn't have it in his charismatic heart to finish the sentence. He knew what must have happened.

"Cream risked her life to save me... Gemerl stayed back with her." You muttered, placing a hand on your forehead, over your eyes to shield your friends from the oncoming tears.

Sonic let out a defeated sigh and went to grab your hand, but your safeguard was gone from your battle. His gaze too now turned to the ground, but his gaze perked up again as someone approached.

Espio walked up from behind you with the yellow chaos emerald in hand, "Too many tears have been shed..."

Quickly, you turned to find Espio in the same condition. He was battered and held his head up with heavy sorrow. Gante was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sorry (Y/n)... Zazz, he-"

You snapped at the chameleon, eyes widened as you realized your hostility. Shaking your head in apology, you murmured that, "I don't want to hear it. I get it, what happened.. I just- don't want to think about it."

Espio understood, unflinching as you appeared aggressive. He knew this was mourning.

"Sorry, Espio, I didn't mean to yell." With a deep breath, you picked yourself back up and held your red chaos emerald. "Let's just get this over with. No more tears have to be shed."

"The (m/s) is right. Let's finish this before- The big giant faceship gets here perhaps." Eggman pointed to the sky as a massive shadow overtook Angel Island, looming overhead as it's fear red eyes glared down at your fellow heroes.

"Ah oh." You blurted out.

"Well then, let's get moving!" Sonic called out, grabbing each emerald from each team and placed them on a table to count. You noticed that Eggman caught the green one that the Babylon Rogues managed to snag, and stole it from the Dr to add to the rest.

Skipping over you noticed..."Ok, now where's the other two? You need them for super Sonic."

Sonic gently smiled for the first time in a while, "About that." He then turned to the white hedgehog who began to approach with the cyan emerald in hand. "In the future, everything is infected. That means what we're doing now has already happened."

Based on Sonic's expression, Silver was certainly intrigued with what he had to say, so Sonic continued. He must have figured out something while you were away, "...but now YOU are here. We can change what happened with the one thing, phew, that wasn't there before. So, Silver. I need your help."

You began to tell that time was running out. Sonic was becoming exhausted even just talking.

Silver became serious, eyes narrowing as he handed the emerald to Sonic, "Just tell me what I have to do.-"

"-The Faceship is gaining! We need to hurry!" Tails put his hands to his ears as he began to panic.

Eggman let out a grunt and turned to a communication wristwatch on his arm, "Rouge, whatever you plan on doing, DO IT NOW!"