[13] Debrief

As the next day rose, your excited (e/c) eyes shot open. Usually you liked to sleep in, especially on your new super nice mattress, but today was your specially assigned spy mission. Even if you departed later in the dark of night, you couldn't keep in the excitement.

You were to meet Amy for a debriefing of the situation while you went over the report file. Your armor was hanging on a stand and you quickly tossed it on, patting down the fabric or detailing so that it was smooth and presentable.

Skipping out of the hangar of your ship, you found your way to a bustling control room. It was maybe 8:00 am, not too early. Amy seemed well rested and much more relaxed as compared to yesterday evening, the sudden disaster of the metal virus coming in way too fast. She was just tossed into the fray.

"Morning Miss Amy Rose." You did a fun little salute and made your way over to the pink hedgehog. She nodded to you smiled, placing down a cup of coffee onto a coaster.

With a light chuckle she said, "No need for the formalities (Y/n)." But the reasonable girl knew you were joking and just being kind. She pat a swivel chair next to hear for you to sit down, it looked comfortable in its black leather form fit pattern. And as you sat down, you confirmed how nice it was indeed.

Amy continued, "As you know, you have a spy mission today." Her hand drew upon a dial that controlled a small projection in front of you. With left or right swivels, it zoomed in and out.

It was a 3D scan of an Eggman base, small reinforced glass container like prisons decorated a south corridor opposite to the main operations room. There were fuel cells and loading docks scattered throughout the base. Lots of wreckage in corners and very little activity, the base seemed to be running on an outside or auxiliary power.

"We'll keep in contact with you since the base isn't well powered. Its firewall has died off." Amy pointed back and forth to certain locations. "We want you to see if you can find data on Eggman's metal virus. We also think that there might be someone working with him since he managed to transition back to his old self, rather than staying as Mr.Tinker in Windmill Village."

"Alright, sounds good." You nodded, looking back up to the 3D scan. You were left to yourself, examining routes, locations, and potential traps in the base.

A guest eventually came to your side, placing down two cups of warm, lemon and honey scented tea. Olive pressed a button on the control panel to show you a thermo view of the base. "You can use this to see badnik engine heat signatures."

Your eyes widened back up in interest, "Oh, thanks." You continued to look at it again, now having to re-examine routes based on scouting badnicks. Lots of motobugs were wandering halls closer to the main operations room. You looked to your friend for a second though, "Do you think they're protecting something, or their programming is screwed up and they're just reactivated for no reason?"

"Well the base was abandoned when we last fought Eggman and we haven't really seen activity until recently." Olive brought up an old photograph of an artifact, a white stone with a circular cut as if to be placed in a ring. A chaos emerald. "This was the only thing of interest in the base, but it was lost too, so theres nothing of real importance there."

"That's still something good to know, perhaps he was researching it." You placed your hand on your chin, thinking as you leaned back in the black swivel chair. Olive began patting your shoulders in a beat, acting as her usual silly self despite the catastrophe outside. Despite how, cute-, it was, you had to ignore it for now and focus on the mission ahead.

"We've seen Eggman with each and every emerald before, I just hope he doesn't have them all again-" Olive rested both hands on your shoulders, thinking about what evil could come from the harness of that much power.

When you and the Wolf were on your rampage, you didn't have the emerald. They were still lost artifacts that the Freedom Fighters either hid or lost themselves. No matter who had them previously, somehow they always managed to disappear and end up somewhere else mysteriously.

"I'll keep my eyes out for anything, all I need to do it go in and try to steal some data. Not as eventful as I hoped but it's important." You sighed, sitting back up straight again to look at a vent system. A classic way into any sort of base. (Don't you dare make Among Us jokes)

"Amy mentioned I'd have contact the entire way, is it her or Rouge, or you?"

Olive nodded her head side to side, "Probably me since we've been teamed up."

"Teamed up- WAIT." Teams were an important part of the Freedom Fighters, it came in duos or trios. Sonic and Tails, Team Chaotix, even Team Dark. If you had become paired up with Olive, that meant you were becoming an important part of the family. "like officially? Like Sonic and Tails kind of teamed up?"

Olive took a sip of her tea, pinky out, and smiled through it as she watched your excitement bubble up, "Indeedy Miss (Y/n)."

"Do we, have a Team name?" You looked over to the canine who placed her tea back down, which reminded you that you also had a nice sweet drink waiting for you. Touching the tip of your tongue in, you've debunked it wasn't too hot and took a sip.

"We need three people to have a team name, so right now we're just referred to as 'Olive and (Y/n), which isn't really a big deal." Olive waved her hand around, being very expressive with her face and gestures.

"I suppose." You shrugged again, leaning back in your chair as the conversation turned more casual rather than studying the base. Wishing you could talk more, you shook your head, forcing yourself to get back to work. "I like it though, a partnership."

Olive took her hands off of your chair, recognizing your dedication to the task at hand. "Me too. I'll see you later okie?"

"Sure thing." You waved her a goodbye, and she went to speak with some other members of Restoration. Sitting back, you missed her company. But this was your first solo mission, and you had to get it right.

[]======[]
All about that short chapter set up babbbyyyy

Chapter Length @1130 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda