[32] Divide and Conquor

You stood beside Knuckles and Amy chatting back and forth as the two geniuses, Eggman and Tails, finished their work close by. A soft glow of green energy occasionally pulsated light onto your (f/c) fur.

Knuckles tilted his head side to side as he cracked his neck, sore from all the standing and planning, "Now that the Deadly Six are here, hopefully we can end this crazy infestation before it gets much worse-"

"I am sorry to 'burst your bubble' Mr. Echidna, but we do have a problem. Sonic is infected." Gemrel walked up to the group, stating the obvious.

Amy reeled back to look at the robot, Knuckles looked unamused at the repeat of information, and you raised an eyebrow... "We- know?"

"Update. It would appear Sonic's infection has grown. He appears to no longer be able to burn off infection. It will soon conquer and adapt to his speed."

The patch of grass went silent. With tired eyes, Amy blinked at the robot, stunned. You looked back and forth at the group as you received the bad news... "Gemrel, could you go tell Tails... Please?-"

"Will do Miss. (Y/n)." The robot's lower body twisted 180o degrees around and marched towards the fox, who was working with Eggman on the device wielding the Warp Topaz.

A few more silent moments later, you turned to the pink girl who stared at the ground. This really was bad...

"I can't imagine what havoc they could be wreaking right now..." Amy sighed, wishing she could ignore the new information just out of defeat. She rubbed her forehead with her hand as she appeared tired. "Now we really are in a time crunch.... plus , especially now that each one of the members has a chaos emerald."

You put a hand on her shoulder and tried to pick the poor girl back up, "We'll figure out a way to stop each of them, just like our science boys have been theorizing." Amy forced herself to stand back up and shake her head, you and Knuckles widened your eyes as she almost stumbled.

After she was ok, you added all that Rouge had been telling you. That sneaky bat had been a huge help as a spy in the faceship. The Freedom Fighters now knew each location of each member of the Deadly Six. It was an advantage, even if it would only be a matter of time until Zavok found you.

Zazz in Riverside, Zomnom in Vista View, the edgy kid Zor was in Orchardville, Zenna was stealing jewelry in Sunset City, and finally, Master Zik was in Winterburg commanding a true army.

"I'm sure we'll find good teams, we have to or else we'll run out of time."

"Speaking of running!" Sonic appeared! Skidding to a haut after he left to go 'burn off' a little bit of the Metal Virus. Something he didn't quite know yet was becoming useless. Amy opened her mouth to speak to her hero when an excited yell erupted in the background.

"Huzzah! A newly functioning multi-portal generator! As far as I've calculated, it shouldn't implode on itself." Eggman threw his hands in the air to celebrate his co-op creation with tails, who of which Eggman claimed all the credit for. To Eggman's frowning dismay, the fox ignored the Dr. to run to Sonic, to see if he was ok after being told the same news.

It was so sad to see the little genius hold back a hug or a power bump to his friend... His tails fell to the ground with sorrow and little emotion, ears folded down as he went back to a device, "Alright Sonic, while you were gone we decided to go in teams."

"Divide and Conquer!" Jet cheered.

"You mean Divide and Steal." You joked back, suddenly behind the egotistic bird. His green feathers flew up as you startled him. His big gray friend narrowed his eyes at you and Wave subtly tried to hide a laugh as well. You winked at the bird and gestured for him to focus back on the dispatches.