[32] Flightless Allies

All of the heroes watched as the villains just betrayed their own ally. Starline had been disposed of. There were no last worlds, no final says... He was just cast away through a green portal to a mysterious place with nothing but his own witts till the end. Maybe he would get infected.

There was nothing you could do anyways, not that you wanted to help that sick creature anyways...

You stepped back as Metal stared you down, unhappy how close you were to his master. But he didn't scare you- the robot was rather intriguing. Especially after just tag-teaming up against Starline with him. It weirdly felt- like an honor?

But yet, you smiled at him and backed away with your hands up.

"Are we- okay with that..?" Tails asked Sonic, who had stopped running as the chaos commenced.

"Yeah, we're ok with this." You both agreed that this was a good thing in your eyes. The stubborn platypus wouldn't be getting in the way anymore. He tried to blow up Sonic and Silver, while you no longer wanted anything to do with Starline after he- you know....

Eggman cheered back up, immediately forgetting about his 'fired' henchman, "Now then! Back to business. If we go forwards with this plan we must get the chaos emeralds back. There should be two on the faceship at all times. One that powers it, and the other with Zavok while he's in control on the bridge. And now that Rouge is onboard, I'm sure she can steal them. She's an expert in stealing those kinds of things, correct?"

"Wh- How did you know she was onboard?" You interrupted the villainous man.

"Two little annoying birds I created told me..." Eggman brumbled. Ah-

Orbot and Cubot.

Eggman continued, "You'll be going on the offensive, so I can use this Warp Topaz to create portal, or portals... to wherever you need to go."

Silver stood back up, gaining confidence as a plan was finally set in motion, "But still, that means there are five left to deal with. I'm going to assume each of the Deadly Six have one in their personal possession. And even more so- they have their power..."

"We still have each other. We can overwhelm them one at a time if need be." You added, cracking your knuckles together as you desperately wanted to pummel one of the Deadly Six.

Knuckles stood back with his arms crossed, "Rouge said they were all networked though the faceship though. That means when we attack one, they will all know whose in trouble and all come running."

You sighed, and looked around you at all these marvelous heroes, and smart villains... "I hate to admit it, but we can't handle that kind of an invasion..."

"Then we hit them all at once so they're busy with their own fights!" Amy threw a hand in the air, pride in her answer and belief in that idea. She snapped her fingers together, "I've got to make a Call."

You were glad Amy seemed to be totally invested in this operation, but you were confused on what she meant.. "Call- Call who? We're all that's left."

. . . . .

"You've got to be kidding me..." Your eyelids fell as you saw an airship breeze past the side of the mountains on Angel Island. As the ship landed, Sonic joined your side in question.

"Really? You called the Babylon Rouges?" Sonic tried to whisper to Amy as the bird trio disembarked their ship and approached the heroes.

Amy anxiously responded that, "Well, they're also expert thieves and live on a blimp, so they've been able to avoid the virus down on the ground."

"Haha! Well well well, Sonic the Hedgehog! You're- looking more pathetic than ever." A green hawk, Jet, approached the blue hedgehog and crossed his arms, rather prideful of his superiority over the hindered hero.