Lazy Day In

Charlie's POV:

Tara stands there for a few minutes kicking a rock on the ground. "Uh.. what did you want to talk about?" I hesitate. "Elle asked me to talk to you.." she sighs. "She told me that you broke up with someone you were dating..." she looks up, concern fills her eyes. "You were supposed to come over last night but you never showed and then Darcy calls telling me your with Nick?" I nod my head burying it in my hands. "We are just worried about you Charlie. If you really are with Nick, I'm just worried it's so soon." She wraps her arms around me pulling me into a hug. A tear slips down my cheek. "I really like him, I promise." I choke. She moves over to the bench sitting down. She pats the seat next to her. "What happened?" A small reassuring smile forms. I sit down next to her "I had been dating this guy for a few years.. it was great but he wasn't okay with being gay.." I trail off. Tara nods letting me know she's listening. "He started treating me pretty badly. Then Nick and I started hanging out and I don't know... it just happened. I promise. I really like Nick." I plead, tears steaming down my cheeks. Tara reaches over grabbing my hand and placing it in her lap. "I don't condone cheating but sometimes thing happen. It sounds like he had been neglecting you for a while. It seems only natural you gravitated towards Nick. I'm glad you broke up with him. I'm sorry you've had to go through this." I smile up at her. "Your not mad at me?" I ask between sniffles. "No, things happen. I believe everything happens for a reason. But can you please call Elle? She's trying to give you space but she's really worried..." she trails off. "I have a better idea." I walk back in the house waving for her to follow.

Nick jumps up rushing over to me as I walk back in. "Have you been crying?" He grabs my cheeks and worry fills his eyes. "Yeah.. but I'm okay. Tara just wanted to make sure I was okay. She heard what happened." I smile over at her. "Oh" he says running his hand through his hair. A sheepish smile forms. "Anyways.. about our lazy day in.. could we invite Elle and Tao too?" "A TRIPLE DATE?" Darcy jumps up clapping. "Date??" Nick and I both look at each other a small smile on our face. "Okay" Nick smirks linking his hand with mine.

I pull Nick aside as Tara calls Elle. "Tao can be a little stand offish but he's a good guy I promise." I squeeze his arm and my eyes light up. "Wow" I blurt out and my cheeks turn red. "Like what you feel?" He smirks "I uh.." I stutter. His arms are rock hard. Probably from playing football. Nick leans forward placing a kiss on my nose. "Squeeze them all you want." He giggles walking towards the tv. He turns on the switch. He hands me a controller and pulls me into his lap. "Rematch time" he looks at me seriously. "Oh so your really want to get you ass kicked for a 3rd time" I chuckle. "Hey don't forget how it ended last time though" he winks. "What are you talking about?"  "You don't remember me pinning you down?" He smirks pressing go on the screen. I sit there for a minute stunned. Images of that day flash in my head. The feeling of his hand on my mouth and the feeling of his weight on top of me leaves me breathless. "Distracted?" he chuckles. I look up at the screen to see he is already a whole lap ahead of me. "Cheater!" I yell giving him a small shove. "I'll get payback for this!" I laugh.

An hour later Tao and Elle come through the door. "Charlie, omg are you okay? Tara told me everything." She asks throwing her arms around me. "I was so worried about you!" "I'm okay. I promise" I nod over at Nick. He walks up next to me. "Hey Elle.." he trails off. "You must be Tao" he puts his hand out expecting Tao to shake it. My eyes grow wide as Tao pulls Nick into a hug. "Thank you so much for getting Charlie to break up with that asshole." Nick shoots me over a questioning look and I just shrug not knowing what to think. I guess I was worried for nothing. We move into the living room. "Can I pick the movie?" Tao asks. "No!" Elle and I shout. Everyone looks over at us. "Why not?" Nick whispers. "Just trust me." I chuckle and place a kiss on his cheek. Realizing I just showed affection in front of everyone causes me to blush. I hide my head in his shoulder. "Let's watch Monsters Inc" Tara suggests. "Perfect!" Nick chimes in. "I'm going to go put the cookies in the oven, Charlie can you come order the pizza?" "Uh.. sure. What does everyone want. 1 cheese, 1 pepperoni, 1 Hawaiian?" "Hawaiian? Like as in pineapple?" Nick makes a gagging nose. Everyone laughs. "Yes Nick, pineapple." I roll my eyes and grab his hand walking towards the kitchen.

I get off the phone with round table. "Okay, pizza will be here in 30min." I walk over to Nick and start helping him place the cookie dough on the sheet. It's been a long day. So much has happened in the past few days. I feel like I'm in a dream. Nick is distracted trying to space each piece of cookie dough evenly. I break a small piece off and rub it on his nose. "Hey!" He yells "I told you I'd get pay back" I screech as He rubs cookie dough on my cheek. He pulls me in locking eyes with me. "I'm really glad Elle texted me that day." "Me too" he pulls me in pressing his lips on mine. I press back and those butterflies return. This time I welcome them. Nick lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He lets out a small moan and presses me into the fridge. I gasp at the cold metal pressing against me. Nick deepens the kiss slipping his tongue in my mouth. The butterflies take over completely and I feel happy. I'm in complete bliss as I run my hands through his hair tugging just enough to hear a satisfied groan from Nick. The oven beeps. It's finished preheating. Still holding me up Nick pulls back. "You better be careful Char. I know what I want and it's you." He winks slowly setting me down. I gulp at the possibilities of what he means. He puts the cookies in the oven. "Let's get back before Darcy walks in again" he chuckles grabbing my hand pulling me with him. We join everyone back in the front room and Darcy starts the movie. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and Ben's name flashes on the screen.

Ben: I love you, I left a letter on the counter. Please don't just throw it away. I'll always wait for you.