New Year Eve

Ben's Pov:

Charlie puts on his 2023 glasses and spins. "I'm done" he beams skipping over to me. "I can't wait till your my husband" I place a kiss on his nose and pull him into a hug. "Husband" he whispers snuggling into my chest. "Come on let's go down to the party." I tug his hand, spinning the ring a little bit. My face heats up as reality hits me. He said he was going to marry me. This is real. We walk down hand in hand and everyone is dancing already. A few people are playing beer pong on the kitchen island. "I can't believe your parents let you throw this party." Charlie's yells over the music. "Dad doesn't say no to much anymore." My eyes fill with tears but I do my best to hide it. "Let's go play some pong." I change the subject quickly. He nods his head in silence. I think for a few moments he forgot why all of this started.

"Come on dude, give us a break!" I throw my head back laughing. Charlie stumbles as he picks up the cup. "I'll drink it love." I take the cup out of his hand and throw it back. "That was hot" he slurs in my ear. My face turns red and everyone chuckles. "Ooo Charlie must have said something dirty." Tristian yells and everyone burst into laughter. Now both Charlie and I are red in embarrassment.

"It's good to see you like this man" Tristan says nudging me. I look over at Charlie and smile. "Yeah, I'm at lot happier now that we are back together." I trial off pushing the guilt down. "You could have told me ya know." His eyes show an expression I can't decipher. "What?" I stammer. "That your gay. I would have protected you from the rest of the guys." He sighs and takes a sip. "I thought you'd turn against me." I take a sip as well. I've been drinking for hours but I'm still not drunk enough to have this conversation. "Ben, I'm gay too." He chuckles. "What!?" I yell and everyone turns to look. He takes another sip and smiles. "You couldn't tell? I hit on you all the time." His cheeks turn red and so do mine. "I.. I" the words won't come out. "You were too in love to realize it I guess. But hey I thought you were single." He winks and I stand there too stunned to move. "Baby it's almost midnight, kiss meee" Charlie whines and plants one on me. I melt into the kiss. "Come on baby" Charlie pulls me over to the TV for the count down. Everyone is huddled around shouting the time. "5..4..3..2..1.. HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone yells and Charlie wraps his arms around my neck pulling me down into a kiss. Time stops and all I can feel is him. The buzz leaves my body and all I want is him in this moment. "Baby" he pulls away trying to catch his breath. "We are around a lot of people." His cheeks are red and he's breathing hard. "I don't care" I pull him back in kissing him slowly. I break the kiss and pull him into a hug. "I love you, happy new year soon to be husband." I whisper. "I love you too" he whispers back.

"We're getting married this year!" I yell and everyone cheers. "To Ben and Charlie" everyone raises their cups and takes a sip. Beer crashing everywhere.

After the party:

"I'm tired baby" Charlie whines pulling at my shirt. "Go on up to bed. Tristan and I are just going to finish cleaning up." I throw another cup in the bag suddenly regretting this party. "Okay, I'll be waiting" he winks and I swallow hard. Tristan pats me on the back and shakes his head. "Young love" he mumbles. Charlie heads upstairs and we finish throwing away the rest of the trash. "Can I get a water before bed, to sober up a little?" Tristan stands at the fridge. "Yeah, sure" I mumble. "Here's a pillow and a blanket. Thanks for staying so that we can go back to base together tomorrow." "Anytime" he smiles opening the water. I turn to leave but hesitate. "Did you really hit on me?" I ask unsure of the right thing to say. "Yeah. I tired to be subtle about it. I guess I was too subtle." He chuckles and runs his hands through his hair. "I guess it doesn't matter much though. You getting married and all." His voice softens. "Yeah" I nod.

A silence falls over the room and we stand there awkwardly not know what to say next. Suddenly there's a knock on the door and we both jump breaking the tension. "I'll get it, go join Charlie in bed." He winks and walks towards the door. "Someone probably just left something behind."

I nod my head and start to walk up the stairs. "Ben, I think you should come to the door." Tristan yells concerned. I roll my eyes and walk back down the stairs. "What do they want?" I ask irritated. "Just come here." He yells. I see someone standing in front of him but I can't tell who it is. He steps out of the way. "He says he's Charlie's boyfriend." I stop dead in my tracks. "Ben is he here?" Nick stands in the door. His eyes are red and he's clearly drunk. I push past Tristan closing the door behind me. "Is he here?" He's asks again his words slur. "What do you want Nick?" I spit. "I want to see Charlie" he mumbles. "No Nick." "He's my boyfriend" he stammers and grabs onto me. "Nick your dunk go home." I push him off. "Let me see Charlie." He cries. "Okay but not like this." I sigh. I help him in the house and lay him down on the couch. "Charlie has a boyfriend?" Tristan whispers. "Did you know?" He looks concerned for me. "I'll explain later." I roll my eyes and head upstairs.