Chapter 19 - Reward

At this point, Yuvraj was ready to take the risk to send her off.  He couldn't tolerate her roaming around him here and there, sending some gifts through the maids, watching him practice sword in the shastrasala with some lame excuses.  He can't tolerate anymore.  Abhyuday finally said, "Leave for the night, we will discuss tomorrow.  It's already midnight".  Parth nodded and went away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next day, there came a news that Maharaj Virendra and the King of Khurram were returning back from their short hunting trip and most probably, they will reach by evening.  No one knew the reason as of now but Abhyuday internally smirked while keeping a straight face in front of the court members, as the message was read out loud.  After all his plan worked so so fast. 

Kalindi was still restless as she has not received any message from Yuvraj and his silence is making her more nervous, while she herself doesn't know for what she was nervous about.  She thought, "What will he do now? Will he reprimand me silently or make it a big issue including my parents? If he simply warns me to keep myself away from such activities then it will be okay as I will simply continue what I have been doing for years.  But if my parents are involved then what will happen?".  Thinking all this, she felt tired and that's when Lekha came and informed about the happenings in court today.  Kalindi frowned at the news and hoped it had nothing to do with her stunt.  Her brother's marriage is around the corner and she didn't want to create any new problems for her parents and brother at this time.

After hearing the news, Oormila was surprised.  All her plans are failing one by one.   First, the attack on Abhyuday and then the issue with Kalindi.  Later she herself got injured and the latest attempt to trap Abhyuday with the maid also got backfired as he sent her a clear message that he knew about her actions.  Now her last hope to keep Abhyuday and Kalindi apart was the foreign princess but the latest events signal that there is something happening behind her back.  One thing she is sure is that, the attack happened at the fair and the untimely return of the Kings are interconnected.  Oormila just glared at her legs which doesn't seem to recover anytime soon and heard her son saying, "Mother, I think you should focus on the real issue rather than being matchmaker for Abhyuday.  There was an attack in the fair and we don't even know who is the new enemy".   Kaushal scoffed at their useless position when Oormila said, "Don't you think you should investigate this and come with the name of the person who did this? And then it will be enemy of our enemy becoming friends.  It's quite amusing that someone other than us have the guts to try and kill Yuvraj and that too in a public place".  Kaushal thought about what his mother said and excused himself out to find out the culprit before others do.

Later in the evening, the Kings arrived and the King of Khurram immediately went to meet his family.  During that time, King Virendra called for Abhyuday to his personal chamber.  Abhyuday knew why his father called for him.  It would be to ask about the latest attack.  King Virendra was back to the palace from the hunting trip and that too in a short period of time while usually it takes much longer time to travel.  When Yuvraj reached the Kings chamber, Virendra was already sitting in the vast hall rubbing his forehead with closed eyes.  Abhyuday greeted, "Greetings Maharaj".  Virendra opened his eyes to see his son and immediately sat up straight but didn't say anything for some time and simply stared at his son from head to toe.  After confirming that his son is fine, Virendra asked about the latest attempt and also about the progress in the investigation of the previous attempts.  As a king, he feels ashamed that he couldn't provide for the safety of his own son.   All the while there was not a slight change in Yuvraj's demeanor and he simply reported the updates like any other person working under the King.  Once done, Abhyuday left the chamber and the King sighed.  He knew very well by now that Abhyuday would never forgive him but he just hopes to see some change in the blank and emotionless look in his eyes.  Even for a moment if possible.

After sometime, everyone from the Royal family including the guests and then King Virendra said, "I have called all of you here to announce that Our guests will depart from Rakshatra by early morning tomorrow.  It is their decision which I tried to change by persuasion but they didn't agree".  As soon as he finished, King of Khurram spoke, "Maharaj, I once again want to mention that it has nothing to do with any displeasure from our side.  It's just an emergency from our Kingdom.  That's all".  Abhyuday very well know the original reason.  Kalindi could somewhat guess that it is due to the attack in the fair.   Also the scared expression of Rupika and how she never glanced towards Yuvraj this time, gave an impression that the mother-daughter duo had given upon the idea of second marriage.

Oormila's frustration grew more as Kaushal informed her about the latest announcement.  And adding salt to the wound, Rupika and her mother didn't come to meet her in the chamber.  Then the night resumes and everyone prepared to sleep.  Kalindi laid down on her bed when the bathroom doors opened and she sat up immediately.  As she already knew who it would be from that door, she didn't get surprised but still her heart beat faster.  This time because of nervousness about what he is going to say after the discovery.  She stood up and looked at him, who was already in his night dress which nothing but a cotton dhoti (pants).  He looked at her for a few moments and slowly walked towards her.  Kalindi fought with herself to stop her legs from moving backward.  When he was near her and their noses were touching, she moved her eyes to his lips which reminded her of their kiss.  Immediately her cheeks coloured red and she tried hard to remain neutral.  "Are you willing to tell me the truth, Yuvrani?", Yuvraj asked her.  Then Kalindi took a step back and inhaled deeply and exhaled to clam down her heart.  After that she said while looking him in the eye, "Yuvraj! I was about to tell you -- But".  Kalindi couldn't complete her sentence as he stepped forward, once again intruding her personal space.  He continued, "What were you going to tell me? That you learnt weaponry?".  She moved back and he moved further infront till she was blocked by the wall.  He trapped her on both side by placing his hands on the wall and slowly went close to her ears.  Then he asked, "Is there anything more you want to tell me?". 

She stuttered and said, "I--I want to let you know that--", she took a deep breath and said, "It was me who made the Queen bedridden".  She looked at his eyes to see what his reaction is and she was shocked to see a smile on his face.  She had never seen any expression on his face except anger but this time his smile made her feel like she achieved something great.  While she was still lost in his smile, he asked while caressing her cheeks, "What about the maid who tried to trick me in the shastrasala?".   She replied still lost in him, "It was me who put powdered mixture of flowers in her dress, through my maid".  He smiled more which simply made her go awe on his handsome face.  She came out of her trance only when she felt his lips on hers marking their second kiss.   She was shocked and then returned his kiss.  After breaking the kiss, she asked him, "Why did you kiss me now?".  He replied while looking at her with a small smile still on his lips, "I felt like rewarding you, for impressing me".

She processed his answer and then asked while glaring at him, "How many people have impressed you till now?".  He looked at her glaring eyes and said, "Only a handful of people".  She was still glaring at him and he whispered over her lips, "But my rewards have always been materialistic, till now".  Then he moved away from her and went to lay down on the bed.  Kalindi composed herself and looked at him who had already closed his eyes.  She sighed and then laid down on her side.  Suddenly a hand snaked around her waist and pulled her which made her back collide with his chest.  She was taken aback for a moment and then sighed as ultimately in the morning they will be in this position only.  She heard him telling something like he will be sleeping in her chamber hereafter and instantly she fell asleep.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

So finally Abhyuday came to know about Kalindi.

But still Kalindi doesn't know anything about Abhyuday.  Infact no one knows.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.