Chapter 26 - Hatred

She was about to leave when he quickly hovered over her and said, "Yesterday you would have taken enough rest.  So lets do some work which will tire you out".  Then their clothes met the floor and they were consumed in their love, which they didn't acknowledge yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oormila can now walk without any help and almost recovered.  When she was walking within her chamber as a practice, her personal maid came and said, "Maharani, I have got a news for you".  Oormila absent mindedly said, "Yeah, tell me".  The maid said, "I overheard the maids of Yuvrani, gossiping about the bedroom matters and got to know that Yuvraj has ordered for Yuvrani to shift into his chamber".  Oormila stopped walking for a second and thought about it.  As she is not his mother, it's not her worry that he is getting out of her control or anything as such.  But what worries her is the future of her son Kaushal, after Abhyuday gets an heir.  But she has to wait as preventing Kalindi's pregnancy will do her more damage when Abhyuday marries another girl for a child.  She cannot go on preventing everyone from getting pregnant but there are different ways to make them miscarry or make the delivery fatal where both mother and child dies.  And she already had done such a thing years ago, which no one knows till now.

Oormila said, "Let's wait for sometime before we act since it is none of our problem whether they stay in the same chamber or different.  What matters to us is whether Yuvrani is with child or not.  So just keep an eye on her food habits and health, so that we can clean up her womb within one month of the child, where no one will suspect".  The maid nodded at that and went back to her work.  Oormila consoled herself by saying, "We still have time.  It's not over yet".  Later in the day, Kalindi remembered about the incident where she saw a mysterious person disappearing behind the bushes.  So she along with the three maids went to that location near the forest compound and investigated the place thoroughly.  When nothing was found, Kalindi ordered two guards to dig up the bushes and the ground as well.  Even after a few meters depth there was no sign of a underground tunnel or secret passage.  So they left the place after covering it up.

During the dinner, Kalindi told Abhyuday about whatever she had done.  He listened her words and appreciated her thoughtful actions.  After a few minutes, both of them were laying on the bed with Kalindi's head on his chest, immersed in their own thoughts. Kalindi broke the silence with the question, "Why are they trying to kill you, Yuvraj?".  Abhyuday smiled lightly which actually showed sadness but Kalindi didn't look at his face.  He replied, "Your question itself has the answer.  I'm the Yuvraj, so they try to snatch the position.  And we already had this conversation. So no more questions on this".  Kalindi sighed and then nodded but then said, "We should investigate this further as I think it is someone from within the palace who goes out.  May be the person has some link to the assassination attenpts on you?".  Abhyuday thought about it and agreed.

Few days passed with the usual routine and nights full of heavy activity for Yuvraj and Yuvrani in their bed.  Now, it is night time when Kalindi and Abhyuday were having their dinner with a few laughs here and there, which are reserved for only each other.  Just then a guard sought emergency audience with Yuvraj.  Since it was already night time, Kalindi felt that it was something bad but Abhyuday just had a frown.  Both of them composed themselves to their formal personality and came out of their bedroom to check the issue.  The guard greeted both of them and said, "Yuvraj, as you know, Maharaj has been suffering from cold.  Now, he is seriously ill and Vaidh ji(Doctor) is treating him in his chamber.  I came here immediately Yuvraj and have not informed anyone else till now".

Abhyuday nodded his head without a change in expression and went towards the chamber of the King.  Kalindi followed him out and they went inside the chamber, to see that Maharaj was coughing heavily while his consciousness was hanging on a thin thread.  Vaidh ji was applying a paste on his chest when Abhyuday asked, "How is he now?".  To which vaidh ji replied, "Yuvraj, the cold is due to the adverse change in the weather and Maharaj's old age has intensified it.  So it has spread throughout his lungs which is why he is suffering heavily now.  I will apply this paste throughout the night and also the Ayurvedic medicine I prepared will be consumed by him.  Then he will become better".  Yuvraj Abhyuday nodded at him and turned back to leave.  Kalindi saw that Maharaj was looking at Yuvraj and made slight hand movements as if to call him.  But before Kalindi could call him, Yuvraj moved out of the chamber and she followed him out.  He ordered the guard to keep the information confidential until morning and then went to his chamber. 

Once they were inside the chamber, Kalindi told him about Maharaj's gesture but Abhyuday didn't react or reply anything.  Instead he asked, "Did you finish your preparations for the travel tomorrow?".  Kalindi couldn't contain her frustration and asked, "You are talking about the travel when your father is in such a critical condition?  I can see that your relationship is not normal but it doesn't mean that you will act like he is not a human".  Abhyuday looked at her and asked, "You want me to go and talk to him.  Sympathise with him and be his support?".  She nodded at that but his next words made her speechless.  He said, "Even if he is taking his last breath, I wouldn't do that".  Saying so he went to bed and laid down.  Kalindi was in a shock as she couldn't understand whether this person and the person who had been with her for the past weeks are same or not.  The utter hatred and disgust she saw in his eyes for his father is something she couldn't have even imagined it.

She went to the balcony to calm herself down as she didn't want to lash out at him, without knowing his reasons and moreover, she herself was shaken by his sudden change.  She looked at the dark sky with some stars twinkling, and sighed.  "I shouldn't assume anything by myself and make the same mistake of misjudging him again.  The intense hatred he showed today is equal to the immense love he had shown for his mother on her memorial day.  So I should wait before he shares his reasons", Kalindi pacified herself and went back to their bed in his chamber and laid down.  After some time, she felt his arms wrapping around her waist.  She removed his hands from her waist but he kept on pulling her again and again before finally pinching her waist which made her quiet.  Then they slept in their usual position but this time engulfed in silence.

The next day, early in the morning Abhyuday went away to check on the situation and his trusted guard, Bharath informed him that Maharaj is sleeping after the medicine worked in his body.  Yuvraj met Vaidh ji, who said, "Yuvraj, everything is under control now.  Infact, once he wakes up from sleep, he will be normal and able to do every work.  It was a heavy cold for his age".  Abhyuday nodded at him and returned to his chamber, only to see that his wife is not on the bed.  Soon he went to the bathroom and saw that his wife was taking a bath in the pool.  Immediately the maids went away and Kalindi didn't acknowledge his presence and simply continued her bath.  When she thought that he will join the pool to take his bath, he surprised her by sitting behind her on the pool platform, where she rested her hands on both sides and applied the paste on her hand smoothly.  For Kalindi, it was more than just a smooth touch.  When his hands reached from her hand to her shoulder, she controlled herself to stop the moan that was trying to come out of her mouth.

Suddenly Kalindi felt his breath on her neck, followed by a kiss.  Abhyuday continued to kiss from her neck to her arms, but Kalindi moved away from him and went to the other side of the pool.  She started to clean up herself when Abhyuday entered the pool.  She looked at him to see his charming smile while he was moving towards her, she tried to move away and turned around to take the steps out of the pool but got cornered by him.  He back-hugged her and asked, "Are you angry?".  Kalindi could hardly concentrate on his words as his lips touching her ear was very distracting.  She doubted that he is doing it knowingly.  She composed herself and sighed.  Then she said, "No Yuvraj, I'm not angry.  I was just upset and you didn't even explain anything then how could I understand you?".  He calmly told, "I'm sorry that I didn't explain my reasons but I don't want you to carry my baggage as well".

Glossary:
Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.