Chapter 41 - Guests

Both of them slept peacefully after a long time as the night sickness was dealth with peacefully atleast for sometime.  Later on, they followed the same method to save her energy during night as she need not worry about dinner hereafter.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now Kalindi is three months pregnant but no one from the Royal families of both Rakshatra and Hridayapura (Her maternal family) know about her pregnancy.  The people who knew are the ones close to Yuvraj and Yuvrani.  Abhyuday was working in his chamber and Parth came in and greeted him, "Good Morning Abhi".  Abhyuday looked up from his work for a moment and closed his work and then came to his friend's side who seemed distressed.  The tone of his voice which lacked his usual enthusiasm as well as the way he addressed him as Abhi instead of Yuvraj, which he uses most of the time, gave Abhyuday the feeling that his friend is in distress.

Yuvraj asked, "Now why are you looking like a man who had lost all his inheritance and going to beg on the roads?".  Parth looked at him and sighed.  Then both of them took a seat on the couch placed near the wall.  Parth started, "It's actually regarding the girl I told you about.  She is facing some problems".  Abhyuday asked again, "But you told that her betrothed wedding was postponed and no issues as of now".  Parth nodded and then said, "Yes.  The problem is not her father.  It's that betrothed guy who is harassing her whenever she goes out of the house.  As long as she is within the house, he doesn't approach her in the fear of her father reprimanding him". 

Abhyuday replied, "If he is so much afraid of her father, then why doesn't she tell all this to her father?".  Parth was hesitating which broke the patience of Yuvraj and he said sternly, "Parth!  I didn't make any involvement in this issue since I didn't want to intrude your privacy.  But now I can see that there is something more which you are hiding from me.  What is it?".   After taking a deep breath, Parth said, "She is betrothed to none other than Rajkumar Kaushal".  To which Abhyuday just closed his eyes in frustration and asked, "And the reason why you didn't tell me this is?".  Parth didn't look up at his friend and said, "I know that you will always take my side as long as I'm right.  But already yours and the King's relationship is not so cordial.  I didn't want you to face his wrath for interfering in his younger son's marriage ".

Parth kept looking down being unable to face his friend who would be disappointed by his action.  Not getting any scolding from Abhyuday, Parth looked up only to receive a punch on his face.  He massaged his face to relieve the pain and asked, "Why would you do that to your best friend, you idiot?".  "So now you remember that I'm your best friend?", came Abhyuday's reply.  Parth pouted to which Yuvraj clicked his tongue in annoyance.  A few moments later, Yuvraj said, "Parth, I didn't tell you everything that had happened in the past till now.  May be that was why you had thought in this way.  Now I think it's time for you to know everything".
.
.
.
Parth stood rooted to his place and then said while still in shock, "I thought it was just like any other royal family who has some extreme enemity.  As I had heard from my father about the kind of differences between your mother, Maharani Chandria and the King as well as with his second wife, I really thought that the problem will end with this other woman being captured.  Infact I really thought that the assassination attempts -".  He was interrupted by Kalindi entering the study chamber after the permission, which she never needed.

Yuvraj informed his friend that, Kalindi was already informed about these things.  Then parth sighed, running hands through his hair and said, "This is too dangerous Abhi.  It involves a lot of lives.  I think I should be here with you as you expect their next move soon since your marriage is already over".  Abhyuday shook his head and said, "I can manage here but you need to go and save your girl.  Parth nodded at him and said, "Yeah, she is afraid that informing her father will make matters worse as her father will not refrain from going against the Royals.  I will try to talk with her father and stop this marriage as that is the only solution.  I will finish this issue as soon as possible and come back here".  Abhyuday patted his back and said, "That's ok.  It will take a few days to reach the coastal Village as it is in the border.  Don't stress yourself too much and take care of your health".  Parth departed from there.

Kalindi came near him and said, "You ask him to take care of his health.  Then what about yours?  You skip lunch many a times.  Only breakfast and dinner as you have to be present either for family or me".  He took her hand and pulled her to the couch.  "I don't want you to take any stress.  That's why I want to keep all this away from you", Yuvraj told her.  To which she replied, "The real stress will be not knowing what you are going through.  So don't keep me out of this".

A few weeks went by and soon the Royal family of Khamboj reached Rakshatra coast and were received by Kaushal, who was assigned by his father to receive them on behalf of the Royal family.  It took two days for them to reach the Palace.  They were given a warm welcome by the Royal family of Rakshatra.  Maharaj greeted the King of Kamboj with a hug and both of them asked about their health. 

They went inside the palace and settled down in the hall of the inner palace and introduced their respective family members.  The King of Khamboj Dhruvasena said, "Meet my nephew, Rudrasena, for whom I have asked for Nitara's hand.  And then my niece, Ruthira, his younger sister.  Since I haven't married anyone, these two are my children and Rudra will inherit the throne after me.  You don't need to worry about your daughter's future".  Pointing at the two people who had accompanied him, he introduced.  The two of them greeted Maharaj and then Maharaj went on to introduce his family as well, except Nitara who was not allowed to meet them yet.

Then as they finished the initial talks, Dhruvasena asked, "Shall we see our soon to be daughter-in-law?".  Maharaj nodded and asked for Kalindi to bring Nitara.  Later, the soon-to-be bride arrived with a blushing as well as nervous face.  Kalindi made her sit beside herself and Oormila and the groom's family had a good look at her.  Then Kalindi took her back to her chamber, not missing the stiff and tensed demeanor of Oormila.  It was decided that they will ask a pandit ji for an auspicious day for the marriage and if it is within 3 months then the Royal family of Kamboj will stay here until then and leave along with Nitara, while their Prime minister will remain in-charge of the kingdom of Kamboj. 

When Panditji looked for dates and announced that there are two auspicious dates, one within the same month and another after two months.  Both the Kings have decided that the first date they will keep a small engagement function and the next date will be the wedding.  Dhruvasena said hesitantly, "But Maharaj, there is one issue with us staying here.  Our food habit is slightly different from yours, so those food items will not be available here.  These two young people can tolerate it but my body cannot".  To which Maharaj replied, "Then let's do one thing.  We can import whatever you need from your kingdom.  Be it food items or cooks, everything can be imported".  With this everyone was relaxed except Oormila, who kept looking at princess Ruthira.

When everyone was moving back to their chambers, Kalindi asked Ruthira to follow her so as to show her allocated room while Kaushal did the same for Rudrasena.  Oormila tagged along Kalindi and Ruthira in the name of courtesy.  Oormila asked Ruthira while walking towards her chamber, "Princess Ruthira, You are only one year younger than Yuvraj Rudrasena right?".  Ruthira nodded at her and Oormila continued, "So your spouse is already fixed or yet to be chosen?".  Kalindi gave her a meaningful look but her expressions didn't change.  Ruthira chuckled and said, "No Maharani, my spouse is not yet fixed.  Anyways my brother is getting married, so I'm not in a rush".  Laughing at her words, Oormila told, "It's just that Kaushal is also not yet married. As a mother I know how worried your parents would be, that's why I asked".  Kalindi's lips uplifted in a small smile, on understanding the target of her so-called mother-in-law.  Ruthira entered her chamber and then the other two departed.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.