Chapter 48 - Saved

Dhruvasena looked at Oormila and said, "Isn't it true Oormila?  It was always my plan to make an assassination attempt on Abhyuday.  Every single attempt was planned by me.  But suddenly, Maharaj got poisoned?  Wasn't it your desperate attempt to double cross me?". 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was shocked except Abhyuday.   Dhruvasena continued, "And I had to enter this Palace after so many years, just because of your disloyalty.  Last time, I entered after the funeral had ended but this time I will be the cause of Funeral".  Saying so, he immediately attempted a strike on Abhyuday, who stepped back in reflex.   Yuvraj took up his sword immediately and faced the mad man.  When Dhruvasena striked again, Abhyuday fought him and the fight continued for sometime till Dhruvasena lost his sword.  Abhyuday held his sword tip on the neck and made him stand frozen.  Abhyuday chuckled and said, "For a coward old man, your strength to hold up the fight for this few minutes is commendable". 

Maharaj came near them and asked, "How do you know the secret, which only the people who sat on this throne knew?".  Dhruvasena was hell scared about his life, after all, everything he did was to enjoy his life and live long.  So, He answered, "The one who sat on the throne and then got banished from the Royal family as well as the Kingdom by his own son".  Abhyuday frowned at the information as he was not aware of this.  Maharaj regretted leaving his father alive after the sin, he had committed.  And then said, "Yuvraj, it's your Grandfather.    No one knows the entire truth except my friend, the commander of army, as to why he was banished from the Kingdom.  It all happened when you were 4 years old, so you may not remember him.  Now I can connect the dots,  Oormila entered our life after his departure from this country.  So he joined hands with this bastard and spilled the Royal secrets". 

Maharaj then turned towards Rudrasena and asked, "Are you faking your innocence or you are also part of their plan, and agreed to marry my daughter?  If you are also one of them, then along with these two, you will also lose your life".  Rudrasena looked at his Uncle and said defeatedly, "I didn't know about this".   Maharaj looked at Abhyuday to confirm if it is true and calmed down after Yuvraj had nodded at him.  Abhyuday pushed his sword a bit harder at his neck, making it bleed.

Dhruvasena said with fear in his voice, "Don't Kill me Yuvraj.  Your Palace is surrounded by my people and even your family is under my control".  Abhyuday looked at him and thought about his words for a moment, which gave the opportunity for Dhruvasena to speak more.  He said, "I'm not a fool Yuvraj.  You, out of all the people here, know this very well.  I know my strength and weaknesses very well.  I am well aware that I cannot stand a chance when it comes to combat against you.  That is the reason why I had more than one plan to safeguard myself as well as get my desired target.  Believe me Yuvraj, your wife is in my custody". 

Seeing that Abhyuday had tightened his hold on the sword and seemed to not believe his words, Dhruvasena said, "If not about your wife, Please think about your future child".  That made Abhyuday halt for a minute and just then, a few soldiers with metallic shields on their body and face covered by clothes of head gear, came in the room with swords dripping with blood and also both princesses Nitara and Ruthira with their hands tied at their back were pushed forward.  Seeing them, Dhruvasena laughed and moved Abhyuday's sword from his neck.  He stood up and then said, "See, I was not bluffing.  Your family is under my control".  Ruthira spoke in distress, "Uncle!  What are you talking about?  We are your family.  Why are you capturing us?". 

Dhruvasena went near her and slapped her and then said, "If I can Kill my pregnant wife to attain my ambition then who are you?  When you told me about your desire to marry Yuvraj Abhyuday, I thought I can easily achieve my dream through you.  But that also didn't happen.  Moreover, I can't wait any longer as I am getting old.  I need to get it urgently".  He turned to Abhyuday and said, "Now, do you believe my words that your wife is under my custody?".  Seeing Abhyuday getting angry, Dhruvasena laughed loudly as for the first time, he can see different emotions on the ever poker-faced Yuvraj of Rakshatra.

Oormila who had been cowering on the floor till now, tried to escape the room silently.  Dhruvasena yanked her by hair and pulled her up.  He spoke through gritted teeth, "You betrayed me, so you had already expected your death right?  It's good that I didn't let you know about the whole truth, otherwise you might have even outsmarted me in attaining it.  Now it's time for you to die".  Saying so, he left Oormila who was shaking in fear and was continuously shooking her head in no.  He took up his sword from the floor and aimed for Oormila's head, but was stopped by Abhyuday's sword again. 

Dhruvasena looked at Abhyuday whose sword was defending Oormila and said, "You are defending the murderer of your own mother?  It's definitely a surprise, given that you have never treated this woman with respect.  How can you save her Yuvr-".  Before he could finish his words, Dhruvasena saw Oormila's limp body fell on the floor with blood flowing from her neck.  It took a few minutes to realise that Abhyuday had slit her neck using his hand Knife while still defending Dhruvasena's strike on his other hand. 

Abhyuday replied, "I don't forgive or forget any crimes against my mother.  Be it intentional or unintentional".  Saying so, he glanced at his father once and then continued, "And traitors of Rakshatra will be destroyed at any cost".  Dhruvasena pushed Abhyuday in anger and Yuvraj staggered back without defending himself as he didn't get any assurance about his wife.  He was held the soldier standing there and then Dhruvasena went up the stairs to the throne. 

He asked his men to bring Abhyuday and made him sit on the throne forcefully and said, "Virendra, Come here and do the coronation of your son.   I know that the transfer of power has to be either through a victory of war or a fair transfer among your heirs, which is wholeheartedly given by the father or after the death of the father.  That's the reason I needed Kaushal and when Yuvraj Abhyuday is dead then automatically you will transfer the power to Kaushal wholeheartedly.  But this witch woman had greed for the throne and thought of grabbing the crown by force". 

Dhruvasena gritted his teeth in anger and said, "Only if the object was as easy as the crown, to be grabbed by force.  Then I wouldn't have to wait for so many years".   Before anyone could make a move, Abhyuday kicked Dhruvasena, which made him fall down the stairs.  Abhyuday came down as well and pulled the old man up, who cannot even stand properly.  Maharaj intervened and said, "Yuvraj, be patient.  We need information about Yuvrani as well".  All the other people present there were concerned about their own worries.  While Nitara was crying for her dead mother and brother, Rudrasena and Ruthira were clueless about their further steps.

Dhruvasena, who was still feeling dizzy, smiled creepily and said, "Your leash is still in my hands, Yuvraj.  I can order in a snap to kill your only family".  Abhyuday replied, "Who will you order? Look around and check once".  Then only he realised that his people were not helping him when Abhyuday attacked him just now.  To clear his confusion, Abhyuday said, "At first, even I thought they are your people.  But when you pushed me to them, I got to know that they are my people, who had already cleared the palace and brought all the members to one place". 

As soon as he said that, One of the soldiers removed the face cover and revealed his face.  The commander asked in surprise, "Parth!".  Nitara and Ruthira were also surprised that they were actually escorted here and not captured.  Abhyuday held Dhruvasena tightly and led him outside the courtroom and finally everyone reached the terrace from where they could see the soldiers from Kamboj surrounding the palace ready to attack.

The commander immediately said, "The soldiers from our army camp at the borders will take atleast 3 more days to reach here, even if we send a message right away".  Abhyuday looked at Parth, who smirked looking at Dhruvasena's victorious smiling face.  And he went to the near by Gong and hit it once.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Hope all the loopholes are addressed.  If anything is left out, let me know here, so that it could be addressed in the next chapter. 

Yes the 'Thing' for which all this has been done, will be finally revealed in next chapter.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.