Ch. 5 Like old times

Katniss' P.O.V.

Peeta clears his throat and I realize I'm still clinging onto his hand.

"Sorry" I mutter, doing my best to avoid eye contact.

I awkwardly smile as I let go and his hand falls back to his side. I open my mouth, about to invite him over but I stop myself. I can't. Things could ever go back to the way they were before the war. It's just too complicated and it would be too confusing.

--------------------------

I start to go in the opposite direction of him but stop when I hear his voice. "Katniss wait!" He's barely audible, but it's loud enough to hear. Hesitant but certain. Before I allow myself to pretend like I don't hear him, my feet stop moving. I mentally kick myself. I close my eyes and hold my breath. "Katniss?" Peeta calls, a little louder now. I spin around. "Yeah?" I say staring at my boots.

"Um can we talk?"

"Peeta, I don't-"

"Please, just come to my house for a little." He says stepping closer.

I look up at him, into his blue eyes. I can't say no.

"Okay." I say quietly, nodding my head.

"Really?!" he smiles, the corners of his eyes wrinkling.

"Why not." I say. The walks not long, and we're at Peeta's house in a matter of seconds. It's not until he lets go to get his keys out of his pocket that I realize he's holding my hand.

--------------------------

A/N- Omg you guys I feel so bad, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in like a kajillion years!! Im putting up chapter six tomorrow to make up for it lol. For those of you who are Clato shippers, be sure to check out my other story called "Stay with me, I'm begging you." It's not completed and I PROMISE I will update it soon because I haven't in forever and I am so sorry. I would advise re-reading it because I did make a few changes and I don't want you to be confused when I update it! Anyway THANK YOU so much honestly I am so thankful for your support and just amazingness I love you all!! DFTBA. I'm updating this story tomorrow don't forget!!!!

--------------------------