Ch. 8 Stay

Katniss' P.O.V.

When I eventually stop crying, I end up falling asleep and when I awaken on the couch, it's around 9.

I sit up and toss the blanket on top of me to the floor. Peeta must've brought it to me while I was asleep. I turn my head and hear footsteps.

"You're up." Peeta announces, walking into the living room.

"Sorry." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"It's fine." he says, offering me his hand.

"Thanks." I mutter as he pulls me up. We head to the kitchen and make our way to the front door, so I start putting on my coat.

"Wait!" Peeta says suddenly.

"What?" I turn back to him, confused.

"Well um, do you want to stay?" Peeta asks the simple question, and I'm shocked that he actually wants me here.

"I mean only if you want to, you don't have to. I was just wondering because it's pretty late and the snow hasn't stopped yet. I um- uh sorry-" he says stumbling on his words.

"No, no, I'll stay. If it's okay with you..." I say interrupting him.

"Of course." he says, his face lighting up. I can't help but grin back at him.

--------------------------

I'm in the bathroom, nervously pacing back and forth. Why is he letting me stay? After all the pain I caused him. Every time I try to understand Peeta, my mind just gets all jumbled up. I wonder if he misses me the way I miss him. Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Hey Katniss?" Peeta calls from the hall.

"Yeah?"

"I brought you some clothes if you want."

I open the door. "Oh, thank you." I say as he hands them to me.

"You're welcome. I'll be in my room if you need me. Goodnight Katniss."

"Okay um, goodnight Peeta." I say and then turn back into the bathroom to change.

--------------------------

A/N: Hey tributes, sorry for the short chapter, I'll probably post the next one tonight/in the morning. But it's finally summer, so I'll be uploading more often! Love you and thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment it's greatly appreciated.