2. Mirror Reflection

Alma pov:

A groan left my dry throat as I tried to sit up. My head felt dizzy and my limbs were numb, so I laid back on the soft bed, I don't remember my bed being this soft.

My eyes blinked slowly to get adjusted to the dim room around me when a massive crystal chandelier came into my line of sight. My mouth fell agape as I looked around the huge royal-looking bedroom. This was definitely not my room...

Where am I? How did I get here?

My breath rattled painfully in my chest as memories flashed before my eyes.

Alarmed, I jolted up from my place, and a curtain of wavy, coal-black hair cascaded down my face. I shuddered, blinking slowly, I rubbed the long strands between my trembling fingers. Right then I noticed something: My hands. They looked smaller and felt softer.

I shook my head, slapping my cheeks gently. Am I dreaming? I stared down at myself, I was wearing some sort of a silky white nightgown.

I am hallucinating, I must be.

With a foggy mind, I stood up and walked around the room, scanning my surroundings to find an exit. I want to get the heck out of here!

A yelp escaped my throat when I came face to face with the prettiest girl I had ever seen.

Even in the dim light, her beauty was shining bright. Her features were soft as she was carved by angels. Her doe jade green eyes only seemed to go wider as she stared back at me, her cherry lips parted in shock.

I extended my fingers towards her and so did she. But instead of the warm touch of skin, I was met with the cold, harsh touch of a glass surface.

My heart dropped and the room spun around me as I realized that I was staring at a mirror.

I lifted my hand to touch my face and so did the girl in the reflection. Bile rose in my throat, I bent down clutching my stomach as I threw up, sobbing hard.

I heard doors pushed open and a female voice cried out, "My lady!"

My head spun towards the voice and I saw through my teary eyes a young beautiful girl dressed in a baggy gray dress with a white apron and a matching bonnet covering most of her platinum blond hair.

A man in his late forties, dressed in the finest noble clothing, appeared behind her and ran towards me.

"Don't! Don't.." I panicked. Trying to escape the strange man, I jumped to my feet. However, my leg got caught in my gown and I fell face-first into the hard marble floor. The hot red liquid flowed down my lips.

"Elora!" Blood pounded in my ear, breathing became harder as if my airway was blocked by thorns. This name sounded familiar.

Through teary eyes, I looked up from my crouching position to the mirror and the girl in the reflection became more recognizable. And suddenly it clicked.

A petite figure, fair smooth skin, long jet black hair, light green eyes, and soft button nose; the gods blessed her with an innocent face that did not reflect her rotten personality. Those were the same words with which the author described her. Elora, the villainess of the book I picked up for that damned ritual.

Did... Did this mean this is my second life or whatever?

AM I DEAD?! Did I die in that accident? This can't be!

I am still young, I am only nineteen, and I didn't even get to go to college.

I am dreaming, this can't be.

The strong hands that wrapped around my shoulders made my panic only go higher. With weak hands, I tried to push the man away but to no avail.

"Sweetheart, look at me. It's okay, I'm here. " The man gently held my cheek with one hand as he pushed the strands of hair away from my face with the other. He then covered my bleeding nose with a handkerchief.