Spoilers!!!

Spoiler alert!! those are snippets from the upcoming chapters.

Note: they are not in chronological order.

Her eyes darted in every direction but towards him. In contrast, he fixed his icy stare upon her, observing her closely; Her cheeks were tinted in a warm rosy hue, and her hands fisted the fabric of her skirt by her side. He twisted his lips, he was not happy about the situation either.

" ***** believes I owe you an apology," He cleared his throat.

Her eyes widened as her gaze snapped to him, and her jaw dropped to the floor. Was something wrong with her hearing? she wondered.

⭒˚。 ‧⊹˚⭒。✧‧₊˚

His brows knitted in a slight frown as his door burst open without so much as a knock, or even an 'ahem'.

"Am I to break your fingers before you finally learn to knock," Aurelius threatened. He didn't need to lift his eyes from the stack of documents before him to recognize the intruder. There was only one person in the world who dared to barge into his office without permission: Emmett.

"I missed you too," Emmett sang slumping against the couch.

"Why are you here?" He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Guess whose birthday is approaching," A mischievous grin spread across Emmett's lips, and a spark of excitement danced in his eyes, contradicting the repulsion flashing across Aurelius' face.

"No." He replied curtly, rejecting whatever ideas he had for that day.

⭒˚。 ‧⊹˚⭒。✧‧₊˚

Every second felt like an agonizing eternity, especially with Elora's muffled cries that pierced her heart. She scrunched her eyes shut in an attempt to block the world around her, determined to concentrate on her task.

Her slender fingers maneuvered around the coarse rope bounding her wrists. Fortunately, her legs were folded by her side, and she stealthily tried to untie the knots restraining her ankles. The moment the ropes fell away, she sprang forward without hesitation.

⭒˚。 ‧⊹˚⭒。✧‧₊˚

A content moan left her lips, and the gentle fingers gliding through her hair felt heavenly. She nestled her cheek against the firm pillow underneath her head, the corner of her lips curled into a satisfied smile.

Her eyes gradually fluttered open, and as the world around her came into focus her lips parted in a soft gasp.