Squidbeak Survival 5: To Airplane Island!

Day 4

It is finally the day that Zal and Kimi will be building a boat(or raft) to the other island to find the others. The two came up with the plan;Zal will be building the boat because she has more building experience,and Kimi will be collecting the food because she already has more food and rations. Of course it was still dark out,but it was early.

"Alrightly Kim-Kim,We woke up early to finally go to the other Island. So here's the deal,I got the boat-buildin' and YOU get the Food. So even if we go down,we'll still have extras. ^^ "

"Uh huh, I'll be sure to collect enough."

"Perfect,Let's goooo!"

Kimi went out to the jungle to collect more food and spares while also avoiding the poisonous ones. Zal,on the other hand,was trying to combine the driftwood with vines,making sure it would stay connected and would float.

..............................

With Kimi:

Kimi was by a Starfruit tree collecting some fruit. The bri'ish inkling was in her thoughts.

'It's nice that Zal accepted my apology,I just hope the others will too,or are at least alright. I don't think I can live with myself if that wasn't the case....'
The tree was empty,Kimi noticed that she picked the last fruit and went to a patch of cucumbers.

'But my problem is how do we get a hold on the others? I lost my phone in the water after the....incident,and I think Zal lost hers too....And I don't have any paper or a bottle so I can put in a note in one....'
The patch was empty,Kimi went to a Banana tree and a Coconut tree and picked them.

'I guess if we are going to the other Islands and our friends are on there, then they should have called for help. But if they did, the help would have come to this Island by now.... Ah, but what about Bernard and Naomi?'
Both trees were empty, Kimi went to find and pick different berries.

'Naomi would have thought something was up by now, since I haven't answered her calls before the storm. Bernard might have called for help or used another one of our boats to come get us.... Deep Cut on the other hand probably doesn't even know where we are...'

'Okay, when we get to the other islands, we're going to get together and find a way off of this island and back to Splatsville. And another thing I realized, before the trip started, I looked over the maps and I'm pretty sure these Islands are uncharted, so it's harder to find an exact way home....'

Kimi thought of, unaware of how berryless the bushes are now. Kimi snapped out of her and walked around, trying to find more food, only to realize that she subconsciously picked them all. Shrugging her shoulders, Kimi walked back to where Zal was-on the other side of the beach-And asked how she was doing.

"Hello, I'm back." Kimi said, setting her suitcase full with food down. "Cool, I'm.....uh.." Zal replied, checking how much process has been done on the boat. "......Somewhat not even off track. Ya already done collectin' ?"

"Yes,I didn't even know I picked them all. Hehe ^^' "

Kimi rubbed the back of her head and walked over to Zal.

"Do you need any help or materials?"

"....Well can you help hold this part of the boat?" Zal pointed to a curved side of the boat, Kimi walked over and held a part of the boat. Zal grabbed some vines and put a large leaf in the middle, and tied it tight.

........................

An hour later, the boat was finally complete. Completely made with large leaves, different types of wood, and vines. The boat floor was made with some of the stronger wood and larger leaves to prevent a leak, the vines were there to make sure the boat stays afloat and tight, with the rest of the stronger wood around and on the corners. It was large enough to handle two(and a half) people, so it wouldn't be so cramped.