Squidbeak Survival 21: Saved

(A/N: I'll be honest, just put this song on loop. I couldn't find a full version. And yes, this chapter is suppose to be this long.)

Zal: "I'll miss everythin' about these islands!"

Bleu, Callie, Kimi, Marie, Xander: "We know you do."

Soon, the Squidbeak reached the end of the stairs, only to see a dead end.

Marie: "Um...you think this is a dead end?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xander: "Oh do not tell me we did all this climbing for nothing!"

Callie: "I...think it's a door, I see some bits of light."

Kimi: "But how do we open the door? That's the question."

Bleu: "Maybe Xander could do what he did last time...."

Xander: "...Ahh, yea, ya know I would love to waste my time touching a stone door, but I can't because my damn hands are full."

Not just Xander's, but everyone's hands were full. Zal was carrying the communicator while the others were carrying the radio, and they're still on the stairs, so it's not like they can set it down without it breaking or falling down. Zal heard Buddy squeaking on top of her head, like he was trying to say something.

"Hm? What's ya talkin' about, Buddy?" "*Squeak!* " "You think somethin's on the door? What?" "*Squeak!*" Little Buddy got off of Zal's head and went to the door. "What's that smallfry doing?" Marie asked. "He's tryna feel somethin' on that door." "*Squeak! Squeak!*" "Looks like Buddy's seeing something up there." There was a piece of stone sticking out of the wall, looking out of place.

"Oh, this piece of stone's out. Maybe that's the way to open it." Zal gently nudges her elbow at the stone, trying to push it in. After several attempts, she finally pushed it in. Nothing happened for a few seconds.

The door started to rumble, some dust and bits of rock fell down, making the Squidbeak cover and close their eyes. The door lowered, revealing steam that was coming out of nowhere.

"See, there we goooAAAAAAAAA!" Zal didn't finish her sentence as she looked down, down at the bottomless pit emitting smoke.

"What?! Is it lava?!" Callie feared.

Zal: "No...no, it's just smoke...and only smoke.."

Xander: "You sure?"

Buddy: " *Squeak!* "

Zal: "Bud says it's safe...just..don't down look down and stay by the ledge on my right."

Everyone followed what Zal and Buddy said and stayed as close as possible to the ledge. One small step will be a very painful death down the volcano. Some were holding their breaths, others were pretending not to notice the smoke and look at the ground so they wouldn't accidentally trip.

Callie and Marie: "......"

Bleu and Kimi: "......"

Xander and Zal: "......"

Kimi: "Let's...let's just stay calm guys...we're the Squidbeak Splatoon, we can do this."

Marie: "Yea, we are, but this is different!"

Callie: "Kimi's right, let's just get through this....safely."

.....................

Buddy: "*Squeak*"