Squidbeak Survival 20: Heavy Loads

"Perfect~" Xander said with a smirk on his face. "Is anything else missing, Marie?"

"Hm...no. I think that's it." Marie replied.

"Oh fantastic! Now we just need to go....up...the...v...v-v..." Kimi pointed up at the volcano, shaking as she did so.

"Volcano. The volcano." Bleu finishes Kimi's sentence.

"Not only thing, but here's this problem: How do we get up there?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How do we get up there?" Callie asks. "....Do you two know?"   "Don't ask me, Lagoon's been in there longer."   "Hmm...."

Zal: "I did see some made-shift ladder by some ruins in that hot spring place, maybe we could climb that."

All: "............"

Xander: "Sure, climb a tall ladder all the way up a volcano while holding heavy stuff, that's a great idea."

Kimi: "Or those flights of stairs, remember?"

Marie: "Oof, I rather not do that again...."

Callie: "Soooo, how do we get all the way up to the volcano? We can't superjump up there with the machines."

Zal: "And we can't just swimb up there without leavin' the stuff.

Bleu: "Um....there are some sets of stairs in the temple, maybe that leads to it..."

Zal: "Is it the same set of stairs that get us to the temple?"

Bleu: "No, it's just across them."

Callie: "Are there any other options?"

All: "....."

Xander: "Guess we're going with that."

Kimi: "Well shall we go?"

Marie: "And who's gonna carry this?"

Marie looks back at the radio and communicator; clearly everyone's going to help carry it all the way up the stairs.

Xander: "Why Zalerie can, of course."

Zal: "Uno, don't call me by my first name. Two, I'm way too hungry and tired to use my strength. Three, even if I have the energy to completely carry it, I need some food to keep it up."

Marie: "And also, that radio alone is heavy as heck...took the three of us to carry it to the island."

Xander: "It can't be that heavy."

Xander went over to the radio and tried to lift it, no matter how much strength he uses, it wouldn't budge. The red octoling stops to catch his breath.    ".....Lagoon.....why don't you give it a try?...."     Xander says in a sarcastic tone. Bleu went over and tried to lift it as well, but as always, it wouldn't budge. ".......It's tough...."

Xander: "Shiiit, if that thing is heavy alone, I would hate to be the sorry sap who has to carry...that." Xander points to the communicator.

Zal: "I mean, I could carry the machine, and y'all can carry the radio."

Callie: "Sounds like a good idea. It'll make the whole thing easier."

Zal: "But in order for me to carry that completely, I'll need somethin'...."

Kimi: "Which is?..."

Kimi's sentence was cut off by Zal's stomach growling for food. It's been a long time since breakfast, so she was starving again.