Squidbeak Survival 16: The Power of Gems, Amazin'!

"Alright. Come on." Callie said, drying her feet and then walking off, leaving the rest to do the same. "And don't forget to dry your feet." However Xander didn't move, just stared at the water, like he's spaced out.

"....."

"Xander, are you good? We're about to go." Callie nudges his shoulder to get his attention. That works and makes him blink a few times. "What? Oh yea, lemme dry off."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Squidbeak's little chat, it was time to go to the "shiny island" Zal was talking about. "Huh, so this is where you get the soap plants from?" Marie asks. "Yea, course you can find them in the jungle around there, but...that's just a waste of time." Xander responded. "Nom." 

The crew looked to see Bleu eating a strawberry. "...What?....They're strawberries..." "Oooh!" Callie cheered, going down to eat one. 

"Well, let's just go down the slope and...and.." Xander said before he was interrupted by something. "And?...whatcha mean?" Zal asks. 

"I see something shiny, it's near the beach." Xander kept walking towards the "shiny thing", with the others following behind. Until they were stopped by a surprise.

"Oh my cod...." Xander was speechless at the sight, making the rest of them look in awe at the amount of green, crystal-clear gems sticking out. The crystal island was in front of the beach, albeit kinda far from land.

(A/N: Yes I know the crystal island is back in Shipwreck Island, but shush.)

Kimi: "Whoa..."

Zal: "Seeee~ I told ya!~"

Marie: "Dang..."

Bleu: "Oooh....."

Callie: "Oh they look so beautiful and pretty!"

Kimi: "Those look a lot like your gem, Callie."

Callie: "I know that, but these look so much prettier!"

Xander: "......This is a very weird island..."

Zal: "Well whaddya say guys? Wanna go over there?"

Callie: "Of course!"

Kimi: "I don't see why not."

Marie: "Sure, but how do we get there?"

You see, since it's close to the beach, you can easily jump across the water to get there. But since it's a little too far, it's kinda risky to do so without some kind of bridge or something.

Zal was in her thoughts, not everyone would be looking forward to jumping across water. "AHA! Got it!"    ".....Got what?...." Bleu questioned. "Stay right here, I gots an idea!"

Zal ran off to the north jungle for some reason, only to see her near the ocean, crouching down to a large boulder. She slightly lifted it to put her hands underneath it, making a few grunts as Zal's trying to lift it.

"Grrr....Aaha...Aaaa....GrrrrraaaAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Zal kept screaming hard as she lifted the boulder above her knees, then above her midsection, as if she was struggling to hold it up. She struggled to walk back while carrying it. The rest of the Squidbeak were in surprise at the yellow-haired inkling carrying a boulder, and backed away so as to not get in her way. Immediately, Zal dropped it, making sure it was facing the mini island. She took this time to catch her breath. . . . .which was off, because she doesn't usually catch her breath when lifting something strong.