SEPTEMBER

DAMN y'all, I already posted a whole month (well, some days were taken off but still) and I'm kinda proud of myself, don't you think? And with all these new characters don't worry they're not too important and you don't have to remember them :). I know the most common cliche is introducing too many characters, so if there is a character that isn't mentioned often, I will make sure to explain more about him/her.

Pls, don't leave any hate comments cuz I honestly think it's a waste of time ... love yall who wouldn't do that!

Also, I posted a playlist for Nisarah's seventh-grade life between "Characters" and the letter! If you don't really enjoy the songs... uh, I don't know what to say about that. Just enjoy your life :)

Time for September...

SEPTEMBER 1st:

Morning:

My eyes were fixated on my book as I grabbed a tiny piece of Cheerios and plopped it in my mouth. I crunched on it, as the slightly hard honeyed substance melted against my teeth. I glanced around, making sure I wasn't too clamorous, causing people to look at me. Thankfully, everyone was talking with their friends, eating, or sneaking in their phones. Mornings were usually pretty lonesome since I didn't have any main friends.

Nevertheless, seventh-grade life was going satisfactory.

I found myself getting bored as my eyes scanned the page in front of me. I had grabbed a random book with an intriguing title but so far the book wasn't  as intriguing. I looked around again, my eyes finding themselves on Lewis. He seemed to be talking to Isidoro.

I suddenly heard my name come out of his mouth and my ears vigilantly perked up

"And she's literally smarter than me in ELA and social studies," Lewis was saying. My eyes widened, glancing at him before catching myself and glancing away.

That is valid, I wanted to say. But I didn't want Lewis to know that I was eavesdropping.

House Cup Meeting:

(if you forgot what House cup was then it was explained in week 1)

When I heard that we had to go to our house cup classrooms, I nearly squealed in excitement. Both Evie and Faye were in my house or whatever it is called. As the teacher told us to go there, I practically ran. I entered the Intervention classroom and saw Evie and Faye at a table together. I happily went to them, sitting next to Faye.

"Hi!" Evie said to me. I smiled, so glad that I was with my best friends.

Evie, Faye, and I made small conversations until the teacher started talking in her booming voice.

"So there will be three different games," the teacher said, evidently bored. "For the first one, you have to link your arms and get a hula hoop through it. Second, a group of people have to be in a circle with interlocked arms, making sure a couple of balloons don't touch the ground. Lastly," the teacher drew a deep breath. "You have to aim a football through a hoop. Now who wants to volunteer?"

I was already deciding to do none of them when Evie spoke in an exuberant tone.

"Why don't we do the first one! The hula hoop one,"

Faye and I exchanged apprehensive glances and I could tell Evie noticed as she frowned.

"Come on! Life is short! And seventh grade is shorter," Evie said.

I sighed, smiling. "Fine then,"

When the teacher asked who wanted to do the first competition, we three raised our hands.