The rest of week 4 (besides September 1st):

My new wattpad friend advised me to combine the days into weeks and I find that idea efficient :) So I will now set this story up differently with more details. I'll be skipping some classes now although the main character did not actually skip those classes lol.

August 30th, 2023:

A.R.:

When I entered the classroom, I noticed that the seating arrangement was slightly different. Some desks were together while others were scattered around the place. I instantly noticed Alicia and saw down next to her, crossing my legs. She immediately started blabbing about fashion which I paid little notice to. Then when I was about to yawn a third time, the teacher walked to the front of the teacher, looking slightly peeved.

"It's time for silent reading for thirty minutes," he announced, the class's noisiness diminishing. I heard groans from my talkative class while I said nothing.

After saying some additional announcements, the teacher sat down and somehow the class was still quiet. Alicia grabs a comic book from the shelf and she opened it, her dark eyes looking at me.

"Wanna read with me?" she mouths. I nodded eagerly because even though I wasn't a big fan of comics, the book I was reading was left at home (The Summer I Turned Pretty).

We read together silently and it was tranquil until our class slowly turned louder and Alicia eventually started speaking actual vocables to me.

When she started speaking to me, I glanced at the teacher. His attention was fixated on his phone.

"Wait, Nisarah!" Alicia said. I looked back at her, raising my eyebrows. Then I remember how thick my eyebrows were, so I relaxed them, a rush of insecurity going through me.

Before my friend could continue speaking, my eyes spotted Lewis coming up to us, a rubik's cube in his hand.

"Hey, is that a rubik's cube?" Alicia said as she took the cube out of Lewis's hand and started fidgeting with it. I couldn't help but marvel at how confident she was.

Being shy, I said nothing as Alicia and Lewis started talking about the rubik's cube and I just awkwardly sat there.

Then Lewis took his rubik's cube back and started fixing and modifying it, his hands moving fast. I could barely blink as each side in the cube was one color. I always found fidgets fascinating but I never got to use it often. I got an urge to start turning the tiny cubes to mess up the orderly colors, but I shook it off.

I decided to start reading the book Alicia and I were supposed to be reading as Alicia and Lewis talked about things I barely paid attention to.

I choose to put my book down but as soon as I turned around, my elbow accidentally collides with the book, making it fall down to the floor. The book's loud impact against the floor made both Alicia and Lewis turn their attention to it. Lewis immediately picks up the book and clutched it tightly, as a mischievous smile played on his lips.

"Please give it back," I said, finding myself struggle to meet his eyes.

"What would you give me if I do?"

I glanced at the book before looking back at him. Before I could respond, Cade (his friend) comes out of nowhere, grabbing the book. But as he lifted it out of Lewis's hands, the corner accidentally poked Lewis in the eye, making Lewis groan. He covers his right eye as his other eye glared at Cade. Cade just looked at him sheepishly as Alicia laughed.

"Why did you poke me!" Lewis said as Cade shrugged.

"It was an accident," he said, grabbing the book and putting it on my table. Then they both went and I found my eyes watch them leave.